GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

07silverbullet

Passed Driver's Ed
Cars245 asked for my Vin number and then proceeded to tell me they do not have the part numbers I need?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tommy2

Passed Driver's Ed
I changed my tails today because the previous one was cracked from transporation so I took more pictures of the Audiamant harness. It's different for inner and outer moduls as the previous connectors are different also (inner and outer isn't the same)

Attachments

• IMG_5596.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5596.JPG.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,588
  • IMG_5597.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5597.JPG.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 1,605

vqv

I changed my tails today because the previous one was cracked from transporation so I took more pictures of the Audiamant harness. It's different for inner and outer moduls as the previous connectors are different also (inner and outer isn't the same)
Is there a part number on the blue inner male connector? It looks like the same connector is used on the facelift variant. We finally have a solution for LED tails (minus dynamic blinker), but will need to adapt the connector.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Is there a part number on the blue inner male connector? It looks like the same connector is used on the facelift variant. We finally have a solution for LED tails (minus dynamic blinker), but will need to adapt the connector.
This post makes little to no sense. The audiamant solution is 100% functional tails with dynamic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
He is saying they have a solution to use the led tails minus dynamic for the people that don't want to spend extra on those adapters from audiamant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vqv

This post makes little to no sense. The audiamant solution is 100% functional tails with dynamic.
Let me elaborate. I own a Golf SportWagen which is the NAR version of the Golf Variant. Like the rest of the Golf 7 line, the Variant also received LED taillights with the 2018 facelift---this is in fact the very first time the Golf 7 Variant has LED tails available. Over in the Golf 7 SportWagen forum at vortex, we have a thread discussing the new facelift tails, and are trying to figure out a retrofit solution. The housing fits, but we need to figure out the connectors since VW changed the connector on the inner tails. (See this post).

The facelift Golf 7 has two versions of LED tails---low line and high line. Low line is standard and has static blinkers. High line has dynamic blinkers. The tails for the Variant are similar to the Golf 7 low line tails, but with some physical differences in shape due to the shape of the rear hatch on the Variant. However, it appears that all of these tail light housings (Golf 7 low/high, and Golf 7 variant) use the same connector on the inner tails. Hence, my question about the male plug on the Audiamant adapter.

In terms of wiring, retrofitting the Variant will be much simpler, since the NAR version has all the necessary wires (except rear fog). So all we need to do is to transfer the pins from our current connector housing to the new connector housing.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Also guys $225 for audiamant adapters isnt bad. Its $200 for current adapters so not sure why you guys whine about price

07silverbullet

Passed Driver's Ed
$225? Where is that number from? It's 265 euro, which is $282 us dollars without shipping, then a bec/dap harness on top of that.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
$225? Where is that number from? It's 265 euro, which is $282 us dollars without shipping, then a bec/dap harness on top of that.

265 euro includes VAT. Its 265 USD shipped. You dont need any bec/dap harness. OEM harness is $65 shipped.

07silverbullet

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't you have to run wires for the oem harness? It's not just plug and play. I believe. Seems a lot of this information is confusing and when I pmed you about it you were very vague and seemed annoyed with my questions. Why don't you break everything down for us so we truly understand what's needed.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
265 euro includes VAT. Its 265 USD shipped. You dont need any bec/dap harness. OEM harness is $65 shipped.

How is it that a BEC/DAP harness is not required for NAR non-LED replacement?