GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Headlights Retrofit

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Anyone who has us led lights on a golf r already try this. Trying to figure out what I need. Assume lights and modules. Do I need the harness for the lights or do I already have a 14 pin? Is it already pinned properly or do I need to repin it following this guide on post 1? Want to do this both for the function but also to get rid of the orange side lights.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I've heard of other users having errors after changing to ECE. I'm not sure if they did basic settings followed by acknowledge bacis settings after changing the long coding. Its a hard requirement if you change the long coding. I did flash my 4B and loaded the parameters from VCP like you mention so that could also be the difference but it does work if I set it to NA. However, last time i had it set to NA, the lights didn't move as much.
Can you list the steps you took to flash the firmware and paramaters to each of the modules. This is the one step I can’t find in your guide. I have VCP and found flash files but not sure which to use. Each has like 8 different files and I don’t want to mess something up.

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Can you list the steps you took to flash the firmware and paramaters to each of the modules. This is the one step I can’t find in your guide. I have VCP and found flash files but not sure which to use. Each has like 8 different files and I don’t want to mess something up.
Lol I get it super never wrecking. But don’t worry, I flashed the 4B module at least 2 times and the light modules a ton of times to get the correct firmware. Happy to report you can flash them again and again unlike some of the other modules that can brick if done wrong (like the camera). So number one, get a car battery charger, the 4B module takes a while on VCP, (don’t think I figured out how to use ODIS for this). The light modules where a few minutes. Doesn’t really matter on the order but I did the 4B first and then the lights. Then the parameters.

I used the left and right from 7P5941572A_golfE_D#_[left/right]_8IX_standard
Golf_8v0907399d_LED_MXB_LCM[left/right]

Hope that helps

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Lol I get it super never wrecking. But don’t worry, I flashed the 4B module at least 2 times and the light modules a ton of times to get the correct firmware. Happy to report you can flash them again and again unlike some of the other modules that can brick if done wrong (like the camera). So number one, get a car battery charger, the 4B module takes a while on VCP, (don’t think I figured out how to use ODIS for this). The light modules where a few minutes. Doesn’t really matter on the order but I did the 4B first and then the lights. Then the parameters.

Hope that helps
Thanks. Also, same wiring diagram for 8iu and 8ix? I’m thinking of undertaking this. Price is reasonable considering I was going to go with the clear side marker lights anyways May as well go full adaptive.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R

Hope that helps
Thanks. I think I found the files I would need then since I am going 8iu and I am on a golf r.

Are you on a golf e? I can’t seem to find the equivalent except for golf e And wondering if this will work

I see those files you listed for the 7p module.

For 8v I found 8v0907399d_8iu_standard_lcm_29/39

Will these work on any golf/gti as long as I don’t use the electro hybrid?

I may have found the golf 7 files. D6/d7_golf_8iu flash

Kesoyyo

Car(s)
Golf
Hi, my first post here.
If my car has Lighting pack, but i want to use the Golf R headlight ( the ones with double L DRL light up , mines only light up one of the L) ? should be plug and play ( with a little vcs cooding ¿? )

Thanks in advance

2DVS

Car(s)
2018 Golf Mk7.5 Rlin
Great Job on the lights, it inspired me to upgrade my headlights, I'm in Australia and I already had LED lights but like many only had the one one L in each headlight. the lights I got were from a 2018 Golf R Mk7.5 to fit into my 2018 Golf Mk7.5 R line, thought it would be and easy swap, found out one of the 8v0907399d modules was faulty, I think my 4B needs to be firmware updated, as I can't get High beam to work trying to get one from a Golf R as I don't have the upgrade cables and software, the Headlights I have are 5G2941060C and 5G2941059C.

what is needed as a minimum to firmware upgrade the modules, and where do you get the updates

ronniecss

Car(s)
Golf GTI
Thanks for your help, I have the 8IX ones by the look of it fitted to my car, was trying to weigh up the cost of upgrading to the 8IU ones.

If anyone is interested here are the part numbers for the whole set for the Euro ones, my ETKA doesn't support US I'm afraid!

LeftRight
8IT (Basic LED)
RHD5G1 941 7735G1 941 774
LHD5G2 941 7735G2 941 774
RHD GTI5G1 941 773 A5G1 941 774 A
LHD GTI5G2 941 773 A5G2 941 774 A
RHD GTE5G1 941 773 B5G1 941 774 B
LHD GTE5G2 941 773 B5G2 941 774 B
8IX (Dynamic cornering light)
RHD5G1 941 0775G1 941 078
LHD5G2 941 0775G2 941 078
RHD GTI5G1 941 077 A5G1 941 078 A
LHD GTI5G2 941 077 A5G2 941 078 A
RHD GTE5G1 941 077 B5G1 941 078 B
LHD GTE5G2 941 077 B5G2 941 078 B
RHD R5G1 941 077 C5G1 941 078 C
LHD R5G2 941 077 C5G2 941 078 C
8IU (Full dynamic lights)
RHD5G1 941 1135G1 941 114
LHD5G2 941 1135G2 941 114
RHD GTI5G1 941 113 A5G1 941 114 A
LHD GTI5G2 941 113 A5G2 941 114 A
RHD GTE5G1 941 113 B5G1 941 114 B
LHD GTE5G2 941 113 B5G2 941 114 B
RHD R5G1 941 113 C5G1 941 114 C
LHD R5G2 941 113 C5G2 941 114 C
Hi! what is the difference between 8IU (Full Dynamic Lights) RHD and LHD?

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
Hey all, first time posting here :D Recently bought crashed Egolf too :D
I have a question for somebody more skilled than Im.
I'm struggling with my head units. Bought those ecus (D6/7, 29/39) from secondhand audi unfortunately, and now I'm pretty lost as to how should I flash new firmware, datasets , and how to parametrize them correctly :O they are spiting 0019-headlight type error on me :D
Tried to buy VCP from china and figured out it's probably a dead end.

Now, my question is, where do I get those files which I need? Somebody said that I should buy a legit VCP, that they have it on some server or something. Is that right? Dont want to buy something that i don't really need. should I buy access at vaglogins? Do I need ODIS instead of VCP?
Tried to reach out to some guys who seem to do this stuff, but they said that they don't want to do anything on my car, for various reasons :/
Some bump to the right track will be much appreciated.

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
Hey all, first time posting here :D Recently bought crashed Egolf too :D
I have a question for somebody more skilled than I am.
I'm struggling with my head units. Bought those ecus (D6/7, 29/39) from secondhand audi unfortunately, and now I'm pretty lost as to how should I flash new firmware, datasets , and how to parametrize them correctly :O they are spiting 0019-headlight type error on me :D
Tried to buy VCP from china and figured out it's probably a dead end.

Now, my question is, where do I get those files which I need? Somebody said that I should buy a legit VCP, that they have it on some server or something. Is that right? Dont want to buy something that i don't really need. should I buy access at vaglogins? Do I need ODIS instead of VCP?
Tried to reach out to some guys who seem to do this stuff, but they said that they don't want to do anything on my car, for various reasons :/
Some bump to the right track will be much appreciated.
This feels like really deserves it's own thread.

Was it a US (NAR) e-Golf, or originally a European (ROW) delivered e-Golf? Is your e-Golf a Mk7 or Mk7.5? (I have a Mk7.5, 2019.)
Were the previous ECU parts smashed in the crash?
There are some VCP wizards mentioned in various threads on this site. If you don't personally have access to VCP/ODIS, then you're going to have to find someone who can remotely access your car using a laptop and some intermediary hardware to remotely run VCP/ODIS. Best bet is to locate one of the remote coding guys, and start gathering those "intermediary" parts.

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Damn, missed a bunch of replies on this thread [new email 😅],most are firmware related so I will say, the easy button is a legit VCP cable with a valid active subscription. Alternatively, there are known users like doctor that will do all this for you. But if you are going as far as retrofitting the lights, why not just get VCP and play with the other systems in your car 😂.

zajoch

Car(s)
E-golf 2017
Sooooooo, fu*ed up something already. :D
didn't done a backup of coding/adaptations and now my E-GOLF daylights won't work. :D Well, good job I guess... What are the options here? Go to the dealer and get it coded to stock again or maybe ill find somebody here or on obdeleven forum with right adaptations for Egolf.

the easy button is a legit VCP cable with a valid active subscription.
I´m on it :D Hope it would do the job. I just feel like I wasted a big pack of money already on my golf :D

Also, I have one HW question. There is a connection from the headlight to 73a/72 pin. This pin is already occupied on my car, should I just splice it to the headlight, or is it something unusual?
Both headlights to the same pin, right?

Was it a US (NAR) e-Golf, or originally a European (ROW) delivered e-Golf? Is your e-Golf a Mk7 or Mk7.5?
Were the previous ECU parts smashed in the crash?
There are some VCP wizards mentioned in various threads on this site. If you don't personally have access to VCP/ODIS, then you're going to have to find someone who can remotely access your car using a laptop and some intermediary hardware to remotely run VCP/ODIS. Best bet is to locate one of the remote coding guys, and start gathering those "intermediary" parts.
It ROW, mk7.5 2017
previous ecus seem ok, but they are for non-drl lights
Will try to look for somebody who could show me how things are done with VCP :D Hope ill find somebody.
what could be the intermediary part for odis/vcp?