GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mabotech M560is 60-130

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Yeah, I'm not sure what the beef is between the two, but it detracts from your great results.

I find it silly to compare a $2500 turbo to one that costs $4500. I'd hope the 3071r hybrid would be faster considering the cost difference.

No beef here, man! Im just excited about real power on this platform, regardless of the modiications.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I'm not sure what the beef is between the two, but it detracts from your great results.

I find it silly to compare a $2500 turbo to one that costs $4500. I'd hope the 3071r hybrid would be faster considering the cost difference.

Different markets I guess. The VTT one is actually 1999. The M560is is just way too pricey. Its putting in great work, but for less money there is options like Iroz with ball bearing Xonarotor turbos, Boss turbos. Tune plus turbo is 5500 dollars on the Mabotech. Just seems insane for the average Joe like myself. if you can swing that much, go for it!

Is the turbo dual ball bearing?

Last edited:

Calubi

Ready to race!
Will this out-perform a GTX3071R (BOSS600)?

For $1000 more than the BOSS600 kit, I'm wondering what you really get. This isn't meant to be a criticism, I'm genuinely curious.

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Different markets I guess. The VTT one is actually 1999. The M560is is just way too pricey. Its putting in great work, but for less money there is options like Iroz with ball bearing Xonarotor turbos, Boss turbos. Tune plus turbo is 5500 dollars on the Mabotech. Just seems insane for the average Joe like myself. if you can swing that much, go for it!

Is the turbo dual ball bearing?

Dual ball bearing gtx 3071r based with a lot of tweaking. Installs like stock save the coolant and oil lines which are easier than stock in my opinion. Can use all factory parts to with it as well (dv, wastegate, intake, downpipe, charge piping, etc.) I honestly think the customer service through Frank and the quality of the hardware is well worth the price.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Dual ball bearing gtx 3071r based with a lot of tweaking. Installs like stock save the coolant and oil lines which are easier than stock in my opinion. Can use all factory parts to with it as well (dv, wastegate, intake, downpipe, charge piping, etc.) I honestly think the customer service through Frank and the quality of the hardware is well worth the price.

Good to know!

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
Will this out-perform a GTX3071R (BOSS600)?

For $1000 more than the BOSS600 kit, I'm wondering what you really get. This isn't meant to be a criticism, I'm genuinely curious.

Oem style installation without having to buy $1000 worth of parts to make the turbo work. The turbo is also modified to decrease spool time over the base gtx3071r while still retaining top wnd power! Also the customer service Frank provides is second to none in my experience.

Last edited:

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Oem style installation without having to buy $1000 worth of parts to make the turbo work. The turbo is also modified to increase spool time over the base gtx3071r while still retaining top wnd power! Also the customer service Frank provides is second to none in my experience.
I hope you meant decrease (spool time).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Hell of a run!

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
I just can't get over the non-Garret CHRA. Price is within spitting distance of Iroz kits, i know which route i'd go.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I am going to give dragy a go, im on boss 600 straight 94 pump fuel. I think the ceiling on the 600 is around mid to low 500's, so it is indeed going to make quite a bit more power up top than this.
Maybe i'm wrong, we'll see.

To be fair, you are on 1000cc's of meth, correct?

This definitely spools faster though, and does look very, very nice. Mamba did a good job on the housings.

crystalwhiteveedub

Gas Sipper
Car(s)
2009 5 Door GTI
I am going to give dragy a go, im on boss 600 straight 94 pump fuel. I think the ceiling on the 600 is around mid to low 500's, so it is indeed going to make quite a bit more power up top than this.
Maybe i'm wrong, we'll see.

To be fair, you are on 1000cc's of meth, correct?

This definitely spools faster though, and does look very, very nice. Mamba did a good job on the housings.

Im at 32% wastegate duty cycle at 30 psi and 12 degrees of timing. By no means maxed on this turbo. We’re on a soft street tune for the sake of my poor rods lol!

I am running a 1000cc nozzle with it coming on at 9 psi and max by 21

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

other than the dv the boss kit can use oem parts. i can’t imagine anyone running a big turbo without an air intake.