GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets talk downpipes

CTaiani

Ready to race!
Ok let me repeat once more, I LIKE THE SOUND A LOT BETTER... never did I say I'm gonna say screw the environment because everyone else does... I'm saying there's a lot worse things out there that people are doing besides a catless downpipe, unless I'm burning 3 holes in the o-zone by doing what I want to MY car, hop off the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Not very friendly to the Planet Earth and your car will stink like an old lawn mower.... for very little power gain.

This. I took the cats off my 11 5.0 Mustang and every time I went to work I smelled like a race track. Not to mention inhaling all that junk will give you cancer.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Can't stand the non catted smell, especially for every day driving. Off road racing fine but daily it's too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Let's keep in mind that these "high flow cats" are WAYYYYY less effective than the stock cats. So don't go off thinking you are helping the environment at all when you buy a High Flow cat. There is a good reason why no catted DP will pass emissions.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
It's all about the smell for me. Awe catted down pipe is the way I'm going guaranteed no cel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoyB2

Ready to race!
I still need one of these. The couple BB reviews I have read have not been that great which is too bad considering the price point.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Let's keep in mind that these "high flow cats" are WAYYYYY less effective than the stock cats. So don't go off thinking you are helping the environment at all when you buy a High Flow cat. There is a good reason why no catted DP will pass emissions.

This may be true, you may not pass emissions, but you are leaving out some very important information here that is misleading the reader.

Keeping in mind what you said, we can also say that installing a properly designed HFC on your DP is way more effective than just having a test pipe installed and it won't rob you of horsepower (maybe 1-2 HP). From the emissions testing stats I have studied, it will remove way more hydrocarbons, CO and NOx than just running an open exhaust. In some cases up to 98% from what I have read. If you buy a properly designed HFC (GESi etc.), you are doing the environment and breathing humans a great favor. This is the reason why in Europe almost all race cars require a cat these days.

About GESi catalysts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56oLVgpwOAs

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
How about everyone just buys what they want and quit worrying about what someone else buys and complaining about it. lol.

Well, the thread is called "Let's talk downpipes" and we are exactly on topic of the points being asked in the OP. ;)

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Yeah.. downpipes. Not lets pretend we're Captain freaking Planet.

Haha, I'm far from that guy, if you only knew me. But, I do have common sense and some professional experience with toxicity. If you think breathing this stuff in isn't a big deal, then disregard the info and move on. When weighing their decision on a DP, others may care about their wife, kids or others that will be exposed to these toxic fumes coming out the tailpipe. You don't have to be a tree hugger to want to do what is sensible and safe for others around you.

Andy841

Passed Driver's Ed
My custom dp that is going on this weekend.

Cant wait!

3.5" reduced back to 3" after the 200cel cat.

[/IMG]

Last edited:

gti5notrkt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone running the BCS catted downpipe - i'm curious if there is any drone or it's much louder than stock without the resonator?

I'll let you known a couple of weeks when mine is installed. Titanium wrapped version was delivered from the UK just recently.

Jon.