GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets talk downpipes

Slick99

Ready to race!
I got revotechnik dp for my rhd A3, but i wont be installing mid-pipe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk

RoyB2

Ready to race!
So it's been 6 months since I started this thread. Any new comers? I have some reading to do. Car is in storage while the snow flies so I have been off the forums. Time to start buying parts for spring time :)

Fooj mk7

Are people really getting there warranty voided due to a DP? Doesn't make sense to me if this is really true. Its a exhaust item letting out used/ unburnt fuel and does rise a TD1 in the computer system.

Jeremy2

Ready to race!
Does any downpipe really offer anymore power than the others, or are they all relatively similar? I'm currently deciding between an AWE turbo back, or a downpipe with Borla catback. If any DP offers a lot more power than others, I'm leaning towards Borla.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Does any downpipe really offer anymore power than the others, or are they all relatively similar? I'm currently deciding between an AWE turbo back, or a downpipe with Borla catback. If any DP offers a lot more power than others, I'm leaning towards Borla.

No. It's a metal pipe. What matters is the diameter and whether it is free flowing I.E no bad design, tight bends etc.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Are people really getting there warranty voided due to a DP? Doesn't make sense to me if this is really true. Its a exhaust item letting out used/ unburnt fuel and does rise a TD1 in the computer system.

I was talking to a tech at VW yesterday. The TD1 flag comes from software tune according to him. Intake, dowpipe doesn't show a TD1.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
I was talking to a tech at VW yesterday. The TD1 flag comes from software tune according to him. Intake, dowpipe doesn't show a TD1.

As far as I am aware...TD1 flags an be automatically raised when the VW diagnostic tool is connected and identifies a nonstandard/nonVW change in the ECU/TCU/CCM etc. module. This can't be avoided/overridden by a dealer or tech as it is linked to VW servers. But they can also be manually raised by a dealer/tech if they see something nonstandard such as drive train mods, exhaust mods, engine mods etc.

So for things like DPs it's really down to your individual dealer/tech and whether they are a jobsworth and if you have a good relationship with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Keep your techs happy fellas. I always bring baked goods and treats for my service advisor and techs during routine maintenance and minor warranty work. A little goes a long way when it comes time to return the favor.

CTaiani

Ready to race!
So does anyone have a catted cts turbo downpipe? I'm really curious to know what it sounds like compress to catless

Rafal

Ready to race!
So does anyone have a catted cts turbo downpipe? I'm really curious to know what it sounds like compress to catless

I just installed my CTS Catted downpipe.
VWR600 intake, CTS Catted downpipe, Soundaktor delete,
APR Stg2, APR DSG latest update (clutch pressures increase etc)
My car is ballistic! Sound is no different after adding the downpipe to my previous mods. Maybe 10% more growl at WOT under full load.
Performance is huge. It spools up so fast that Haldex doesn't cope to transfer
Torque to the rear wheels fast enough and my R feels like an overpowered GTi.
Launch control produces front wheel spin where it did not with Stage1 alone.
Have to wait for Gen 5 Haldex control module.
I still love it. CTS fits superbly, no issues. Great unit, fantastic quality and good price.

CTaiani

Ready to race!
I think if I get a downpipe and say f my warranty it'll be catless, most likely CTS also cause I think it sounds the best imo. Plus I already have the cts catback so it'll be a perfect fit

Rafal

Ready to race!
I think if I get a downpipe and say f my warranty it'll be catless, most likely CTS also cause I think it sounds the best imo. Plus I already have the cts catback so it'll be a perfect fit

Not very friendly to the Planet Earth and your car will stink like an old lawn mower.... for very little power gain.

CTaiani

Ready to race!
I also like the sound a lot better, everybody else in the world doesn't help the environment for doing worse things than a catless dp