GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JLungo's 2015 GTI Build

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Got my car back today from Jack Daniels in New Jersey. They replaced the IS38 under their parts warranty and got me back on the road. Did some local driving and light highway driving and it all seems in order. Very happy especially since i started getting nervous about them honoring the warranty. Like I said. They have been solid from sale through service and into their motorsports division.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
South Bend Stage 3 Endurance Clutch

Pedal feel is extremely stiff and engagment point is very low, felt the point shift as i drove along so we will see.

More to come in next few days....

Not sure if I missed it but how's the SB Stage 3 Endurance Clutch? I know you said you were on the fence about SMFW vs DMFW and chatter being a main factor. I've heard Excelerate Performance say that the SB Stage 3 Endurance is quiet with almost no chatter...just wondering your take since I have the same concerns about noise/chatter.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Not sure if I missed it but how's the SB Stage 3 Endurance Clutch? I know you said you were on the fence about SMFW vs DMFW and chatter being a main factor. I've heard Excelerate Performance say that the SB Stage 3 Endurance is quiet with almost no chatter...just wondering your take since I have the same concerns about noise/chatter.
Hey Miami (where in the 305 u from? I used to live in Miami beach on collins then up in aventura)

As foe the clutch:
South Bend Stage 3 Endurance

-Stiffness:
Stiffness is gone and the clutch is broken in. Broken in, the clutch pedal is obviously still stiffer than stock but not as stiff as the day it was installed.

-Chatter:
Not as loud as I expected to be honest. You hear it at times when your radio is off and you are sitting at a light. But once u put ur foot down on the clutch its gone so you at least know where the noise is coming from lol. In a garage structure you can absolutely hear it rolling around in 1st gear, the engage and disengage. But its rly not as loud as i feared and im really happy about that.

Performance
Yes it is clamping and holding much better than stock. Can ride someones ass in 4th gear at 3500rpm then punch it w.o worrying haha

Overall it has felt great. Happy i went this path and not the TTRS modified route.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So i couldnt live with my carbon fiber tip being broken. So i reached out to Remus's US/North American rep aaaaaand.....

Jlungo

Ready to race!
From personal experience Jack Daniels never goes the extra mile for customers when it comes to diagnosing issues [emoji25]

Ive heard some stories like that but they have really done it all for me. They diagnose and check problems w.o any issue even when tune related and they just warrantied my IS38 :)

Jlungo

Ready to race!
And to you too sir!
Every time I see your name i immediately think Luongo. The goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha ive got that a few times. I actually play hockey, just not goalie.
GO FLYERS!! :p ;) :cool:

Jlungo

Ready to race!
So I've been banned from the international MQB/MK7 Facebook page....lol....kids take this shit too seriously lol

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Haha ive got that a few times. I actually play hockey, just not goalie.
GO FLYERS!! [emoji14] ;) :cool:
Ah flyers fan I'm sorry lol

Go Blackhawks [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Ah flyers fan I'm sorry lol

Go Blackhawks [emoji16]

Ugh lol
Cant hate. Good franchise. Good team. Patrick Kane was supposed to be ours! But at least we can ALL agree....FUCK THE PENS lol...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Ugh lol
Cant hate. Good franchise. Good team. Patrick Kane was supposed to be ours! But at least we can ALL agree....FUCK THE PENS lol...

Haha yeah flyers looking respectable these days as well! And ×10000 F the Pens LMAO!!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hey Miami (where in the 305 u from? I used to live in Miami beach on collins then up in aventura)

As foe the clutch:
South Bend Stage 3 Endurance

-Stiffness:
Stiffness is gone and the clutch is broken in. Broken in, the clutch pedal is obviously still stiffer than stock but not as stiff as the day it was installed.

-Chatter:
Not as loud as I expected to be honest. You hear it at times when your radio is off and you are sitting at a light. But once u put ur foot down on the clutch its gone so you at least know where the noise is coming from lol. In a garage structure you can absolutely hear it rolling around in 1st gear, the engage and disengage. But its rly not as loud as i feared and im really happy about that.

Performance
Yes it is clamping and holding much better than stock. Can ride someones ass in 4th gear at 3500rpm then punch it w.o worrying haha

Overall it has felt great. Happy i went this path and not the TTRS modified route.

Hey, I used to live in Kendall and then moved to Broward County in Davie. I've been in NYC for 6 years now.

Thanks for the update. I'm on the fence about the TTRS and a SouthBend Stage 3, but I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon yet. I'm just doing some research so I can make a decision on which one to go with ahead of time. Maybe I'll meet you in one of those Tristate MK7 meets they post on the Facebook group so I can listen in person.

Great build, thanks again!

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey, I used to live in Kendall and then moved to Broward County in Davie. I've been in NYC for 6 years now.

Thanks for the update. I'm on the fence about the TTRS and a SouthBend Stage 3, but I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon yet. I'm just doing some research so I can make a decision on which one to go with ahead of time. Maybe I'll meet you in one of those Tristate MK7 meets they post on the Facebook group so I can listen in person.

Great build, thanks again!
I was just going to mention the TriState meet. Whats ur name so we can communicate through there quicker if ever needed. Im pretty active on there so you probably know who I am haha

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I was just going to mention the TriState meet. Whats ur name so we can communicate through there quicker if ever needed. Im pretty active on there so you probably know who I am haha

Cool, just PM'd.

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Hey guys
Hope everyone is well.
My TMD from Island Sport Works in Pt. Pleasant NJ came in today. Some issue with USPS, says delivered but never got it so they sent me another one. Quality service from them and nothing beats local. Here are. Few snaps.