GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JD_MK7 // Urban Joke Tail Light VCDS Tweaks

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
We recently finished up some VCDS tweaks for tail light function and I thought I'd post it up for you guys! These tweaks are based on Kencha and DV52, with a few changes, as listed in the doc below. Major props to both of them!!!

Tweaks can be found here JD_MK7 UrbanJoke VW Golf Tail Light VCDS Tweaks

V2
All Functions, With or Without Headlights, With or Without Brakes: Inner Full On/ Full Off ... Outer Full On/ Full Off

Check out the latest video from Paul@DAP

V1
No Headlights / No brakes: Inner Full On/ Full Off ... Outer Full On/ Full Off
No Headlights / Brakes Applied: Inner Always on ... Outer Full On/ Full Off

Headlights on / No Brakes: Inner Dim to Full On ... Outer Full On/ Full Off
Headlights on / Brakes applied: Inner Always On ... Outer Full On / Full Off

GSW UrbanJoke V2:

Here are some links to the LEDs UrbanJoke and I have tested and currently use on our own vehicles!

We've tried several reverse lights. When it comes to a emitting color white in the 6000k temp range, all the kewl kids use CREE. It is likely, none of these listed as CREE are legitimate CREE(s), but it's possible. :)

To maximize brightness, you want to change the following adaptation settings via VCDS. You can still use any of these error free in place of you incandescent bulbs, but in general each LED will be the same brightness until you crank up the juice.

Change brightness of reverse lights:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9- Central Convenience
16-security code 31347
10-Adaptations

(6) Leuchte 28RFL LC11 dimming AB 28 - Change to 127
(6) Leuchte 29RFL RA64 dimming AB 29 - Change to 127
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whit...-5-CREE-XPE-R3-LED-Car-Light/32314432099.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supe...ar-Auto-Wedge-Reverse-Signal/32567915797.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Erro...lbs-T15-921-168-194-For-Audi/32354535411.html

Some of our personal favs. These make great reverse, license plate and interior lights.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supe...14-24SMD-Canbus-NO-ERROR-Car/32267326383.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

If you guys want some custom coding, or have something in mind, float your ideas our way and we'll see what we can do!

Enjoy!
JD

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Very cool I really wanted to try this when I changed mine but I wasn't sure if I would like it, I'll try it and see. Thanks for posting this

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
Has anyone experimented with these types of patterns on the euro LED tails?

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
First post updated with additional tweaks and info!

Last edited:

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
thank you :)...i'll try it out. I have all light up on and off right now. Do you know if it needed to be change it back to stock setting if I plan to put in euro led tail lights later?

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Unfortunately, I do not know for sure. I don't have any experience with the Euro LED's yet, but I imagine you will want to return to stock and try a few things first.

Total1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI Autobahn 6MT
gotcha thanks. I don't plan on switching to euro led till much later so i'll try this out this weekend.

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Sounds good! Workbook has been updated quite a bit tonight. Hope it's helpful!!

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
I've tried this mod before but hated how the inner light did not go completely off when the headlights were on. I'll have to give this a try. Thank you for posting.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
cant wait to do it on mine!

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
How can I have this mod and the single side parking lights? I did this mod and now the single side parking lights in the back don't work.

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
One more thing, if I set line 6 on all 4 lights to 127 (I have deAutokey LED's) then there is no difference in brightness between the parking lights on and break light. If I set it to 100 then there is a difference. Any idea why?