GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

apostoly

Passed Driver's Ed
How many of you guy's will be stacking Eurodyne tunes with the JB4?

I currently am running stage 1, as i found stage 1.5 (93 and 91 octane) a little too aggressive and found it chirping my gears even at low RPM. So i cant wait for the boost by gear function to be able to either run 1.5 again or just stick with the JB4 on its own.

Ive spent the money on the eurodyne, but i just always thought it was running way too much boost and didn't find it very safe.

will the jb4 pretty much override the boost settings set with the eurodyne tune and run then withing the limits set by the JB4?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Currently the JB4 cannot remove boost from the tune values. The lowest it can do is the tune value until the next firmware update comes out. That way low gears you can put the power down and use max boost in 3rd-6th.

Fwiw, the V1.2 files don't boost that much. Chris has revised the tune to make more power using timing like Uni versus the old v8.2 file which was boost heavy. Not sure if you have a 2015 still on the v8.2 files tho.

apostoly

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently the JB4 cannot remove boost from the tune values. The lowest it can do is the tune value until the next firmware update comes out. That way low gears you can put the power down and use max boost in 3rd-6th.

Fwiw, the V1.2 files don't boost that much. Chris has revised the tune to make more power using timing like Uni versus the old v8.2 file which was boost heavy. Not sure if you have a 2015 still on the v8.2 files tho.

I'm in Australia so im running the ROW 8.4 files. Even though the the update shows v8.6 the eurodyne server only has 8.4

My car is a 2014 MY15 build

erock1

I like to think I am a smart man but sometimes I really have brain farts. When I installed the JB4 I read and printed out the instructions so I could install it without looking at my ipad. Anyhow, I must have been sleep deprived from the busy Christmas season at work or whatever but I neglected to double check my work and as a result I installed the AFR tap on to the grey wire on the gray lambda sensor plug and not on the red wire :rolleyes: Because the instructions were printed in black and white I did not see the red wire in the picture! So I guess I've been a guinea pig for not using the AFR tap.

This is a log from 12-23-16 without AFR tap on Map 6 with the following settings

And here is a map 6 log from today, same settings:

See the difference? Car feels stronger across the board.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Looks good. Definitely more timing. A little pull down low but I bet up top it's pulling well :)

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Have we established blending to E30 is safe? What are effects on engine? Any potential issues down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I've been blending for about 3 months and no issues yet :D

A lot of guys have been doing it a lot longer with no issues. Only time will tell but it's pretty safe imo

Venumous

Ready to race!
I'm going to stick with E20 until I have a reason to do differently. E20, at least in the temps of less than 55 degrees works perfectly. May be a different story at 85 degrees.

cdavis

I like to think I am a smart man but sometimes I really have brain farts. When I installed the JB4 I read and printed out the instructions so I could install it without looking at my ipad. Anyhow, I must have been sleep deprived from the busy Christmas season at work or whatever but I neglected to double check my work and as a result I installed the AFR tap on to the grey wire on the gray lambda sensor plug and not on the red wire :rolleyes: Because the instructions were printed in black and white I did not see the red wire in the picture! So I guess I've been a guinea pig for not using the AFR tap.

This is a log from 12-23-16 without AFR tap on Map 6 with the following settings

And here is a map 6 log from today, same settings:

See the difference? Car feels stronger across the board.

I just installed the same CTS Catted DP last night. BMS intake will be installed tonight. I am looking to move from map 2 to map 6. How did you arrive at those values? Also why did you elect to go additive rather than absolute? I think I am going to start map 6 in default and send it over to George to fine tune.

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
Dumb question of the day:

How would a JB1 on map 6 peaking at 5.4 fair against the same vehicle upgraded to JB4 default map with no tweaking?

I guess i'm asking is the JB4 simply more tunable via more options or does it, by default, make more power?

Venumous

Ready to race!
I just installed the same CTS Catted DP last night. BMS intake will be installed tonight. I am looking to move from map 2 to map 6. How did you arrive at those values? Also why did you elect to go additive rather than absolute? I think I am going to start map 6 in default and send it over to George to fine tune.

You'll very likely be able to run more than the base map in CT weather especially. Maybe start at something like:

1.5 - 14
2.0 - 15
2.5 - 17
3.0 - 19
3.5 - 20
4.0 - 22
4.5 - 22
5.0 - 21
5.5 - 20
6.0 - 19
6.5 - 17.5
7.0 - 16

Log and if you're good, it's very simple to add ~1psi across the board and re-log to fine tune.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Dumb question of the day:

How would a JB1 on map 6 peaking at 5.4 fair against the same vehicle upgraded to JB4 default map with no tweaking?

I guess i'm asking is the JB4 simply more tunable via more options or does it, by default, make more power?

I believe George has stated it will make 10-15 more HP.

erock1

I was just testing additive vs absolute. I will make some more map 6 logs with absolute today or tomorrow. I started with peak boost at 6psi and dialed it up incrementally. Keep your failsafe at 26, I still have not received an epc as a result of the JB4 [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk