jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Here you go. Boost safety 28, FOL 55

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
And my more aggressive absolute settings

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had my peak at 27 as well, but i was able to hold boost a lot higher in the RPM range and still got 10-11 degrees of timing up top

4500-26
5000-23
5500-21
6000-20
6500-20
7000-20

I played a whole lot between 5000-6500. I think depending on the weather i either ran 22,20,20,20, or 23,21,20,20.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I had my peak at 27 as well, but i was able to hold boost a lot higher in the RPM range and still got 10-11 degrees of timing up top

4500-26
5000-23
5500-21
6000-20
6500-20
7000-20

I played a whole lot between 5000-6500. I think depending on the weather i either ran 22,20,20,20, or 23,21,20,20.

I think my issue was IAT dependent. Ambient temps when I was working on that map were in the 30's, and bringing the ECU PSI up from ~9 to ~20 was proving difficult.

I also ran that map on my hybrid (RIP), but couldn't control the boost at 5k+ unless I heavily tapered. It would overrun target by 2-4psi and actually hit 18-20psi, even though it was targeting 16.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I'm curious about other people's experience with the boost reduction value. I have a DSG and always had crazy timing pull at the 3-4 shift from the overboost, sometimes 3+ in multiple cylinders. The Boost reduction value being set to 100 seems to greatly alleviate the timing pull, but at the shift, load is around 2-3psi under target. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. Here are my most recent logs. Anyone else using the boost reduction value and can share some logs that show the shift? Seems hardly anyone ever logs the 3-4 shift... Thanks!

https://datazap.me/u/gtiedge/28?log=0&data=1-3-4-21-25-26-27-28

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm curious about other people's experience with the boost reduction value. I have a DSG and always had crazy timing pull at the 3-4 shift from the overboost, sometimes 3+ in multiple cylinders. The Boost reduction value being set to 100 seems to greatly alleviate the timing pull, but at the shift, load is around 2-3psi under target. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. Here are my most recent logs. Anyone else using the boost reduction value and can share some logs that show the shift? Seems hardly anyone ever logs the 3-4 shift... Thanks!

https://datazap.me/u/gtiedge/28?log=0&data=1-3-4-21-25-26-27-28

Have you tried 90 or 80?

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I've always had this problem of overboost in gear shifts. the auto shift boost redux parameter did not help me, I tested it in different values ​​and it does not work with constancy, sometimes it reduces the boost in the gear input too much and the car ends up getting weak. My JB4 is very well configured, but the gear shifts could be better.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Have you tried 90 or 80?

Yes. I started at 80 I believe, and i'd tried pretty much every value from 50-100. There was no difference with any logs less than 100. Some logs at 100 would look great as far as no timing pull, but the load would be so much less than target. Then I'd go to 95, and they'd be there again. The worse of the two logs I just posted as at 95, the other at 100.

I don't know if it's just something with my car, but load is almost always well above target, sometimes up to 0.8 psi over target. IDK if that's a good or bad problem to have...

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I've always had this problem of overboost in gear shifts. the auto shift boost redux parameter did not help me, I tested it in different values ​​and it does not work with constancy, sometimes it reduces the boost in the gear input too much and the car ends up getting weak. My JB4 is very well configured, but the gear shifts could be better.

Ya, you were the first person I saw on here talking about it, and if I remember correctly, you were helping test it out right? Thanks for that. While it's not perfect, I think with value at 100, for me, it's better than before. But like you said, it can weaken the car at that shift. Mostly for me, I just want it for the safety aspect. I don't want to be pulling 3+ degrees of timing on multiple cylinders all the time.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes. I started at 80 I believe, and i'd tried pretty much every value from 50-100. There was no difference with any logs less than 100. Some logs at 100 would look great as far as no timing pull, but the load would be so much less than target. Then I'd go to 95, and they'd be there again. The worse of the two logs I just posted as at 95, the other at 100.

I don't know if it's just something with my car, but load is almost always well above target, sometimes up to 0.8 psi over target. IDK if that's a good or bad problem to have...

You have the updated 5A_3 firmware?