GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Great results for GTI IS38 JB4 this weekend. 2 cars with similar hardware, both without IC or WMI.

The cars were passed on the dyno on the same Saturday morning.

IS38 JB4:

IS38 APR 98Ron:

Looking forward to the IS38 Upgrade in my car.

Assuming both cars had DP?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Not bad at all

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
No doubt, this dynamometer is famous in Brazil for reading low. We got in the 300whp band on it with IS20 same result with a curve at high rpm equal to the best flashs but with less torque as we used less peak on George's recommendation.

Happy with the results for JB4

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Nice results on the IS38. In general we push the torque peak around 1000rpm later than the natural peak. This ensures the exhaust valves have lifted and we avoid surging which we believe is the first cause of failed turbos.

larbel

Great results for GTI IS38 JB4 this weekend. 2 cars with similar hardware, both without IC or WMI.

The cars were passed on the dyno on the same Saturday morning.

IS38 JB4:

IS38 APR 98Ron:

Looking forward to the IS38 Upgrade in my car.

342 wHP is like 420 at crank no?? a R or S3 with JB4, intake, DP can run maybe 370ish at crank, you sure this is correct or am I missing something???

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
So I gather he made more power with the JB4 then the APR stage 1 tune? Unless I'm interpreting the post incorrectly.

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie
So I gather he made more power with the JB4 then the APR stage 1 tune? Unless I'm interpreting the post incorrectly.

Is the APR is38 software for the GTI.

JB4 gave more peak power and in high rotations repair the 2 graphics at 6.500rpm

larbel

Is the APR is38 software for the GTI.

JB4 gave more peak power and in high rotations repair the 2 graphics at 6.500rpm

I still don't get it... For comparison, a stock '16 S3 makes about 259whp, and an APR stage 2 R with catless DP and intake makes 352whp.. So you're saying an IS38 GTI with JB4, intake and DP is just 10whp less than stage 2 ARP 7R?? I'm not doubting anything, just confused...