GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Question for you guys, Is there a database that has all stored codes the jb4 can read? Every once in awhile I will see a new code but can't decipher it because the codes don't translate well on a google search. Like "39F13B"

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
First log I have done.
81F ambient temp on 93 oct
not sure if I am reading this correctly, but looks like not much timing at peak rpm. more room for boost in the 4-5k range? no corrections.
thinking of bumping it up on map 6, probably try additive. any suggestions or comments appreciated :cool:

http://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1500746876?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-18-19-25-26-27-28-29

Looks good. I wish I had 93. Someone might be able to chime in with better analysis, but ign 1 of 9 at peak with those IATs is pretty good. You can probably turn up the boost up top, you'll see a lot of guys with DPs here running around 18psi up top.

Just an observation, might want to try to start your pulls/log at 2500 rpm, and your pedal is at 99, not 100. I'm not positive how much of a difference that makes, but I know in some of my past logs, George pointed out that my pedal wasn't at 100, which I'm assuming might mean the ecu might not be requesting maximum power/boost.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Looks good. I wish I had 93. Someone might be able to chime in with better analysis, but ign 1 of 9 at peak with those IATs is pretty good. You can probably turn up the boost up top, you'll see a lot of guys with DPs here running around 18psi up top.

Just an observation, might want to try to start your pulls/log at 2500 rpm, and your pedal is at 99, not 100. I'm not positive how much of a difference that makes, but I know in some of my past logs, George pointed out that my pedal wasn't at 100, which I'm assuming might mean the ecu might not be requesting maximum power/boost.

Shouldn't it not matter as long as throttle is at 100? I've noticed even if pedal is 98 or 99 throttle will still be 100.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Question for you guys, Is there a database that has all stored codes the jb4 can read? Every once in awhile I will see a new code but can't decipher it because the codes don't translate well on a google search. Like "39F13B"

I am busy compiling a translated list and will put it on the JB4 thread with a list of unknown faults as well. That one is a unknown so if you happen to get it read let us know what it is.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Shouldn't it not matter as long as throttle is at 100? I've noticed even if pedal is 98 or 99 throttle will still be 100.

My interpretation of this discussion(stated by Diggs) on page 152 was that pedal at 99 and throttle at 100 was the ecu requesting 100% of 99% of available power. It's definitely confusing, so I could be wrong.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Thanks for the feedback. I will look through this thread for some suggested additive map 6 settings.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I am busy compiling a translated list and will put it on the JB4 thread with a list of unknown faults as well. That one is a unknown so if you happen to get it read let us know what it is.

[emoji1474]awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skian

Ready to race!
There is too much timing corrections across multiple cylinders. This is both additive and absolute. I also noticed on both logs even though your pedal is at 100, throttle is jumping around. It should also be at 100. I recommend re logging in map 4.

skian

Ready to race!
Definitely log from a lower RPM ~2500. It You should be able to turn up the boost from 5000 to 6000. Just do it in small increments and re log to ensure the car is happy.

First log I have done.
81F ambient temp on 93 oct
not sure if I am reading this correctly, but looks like not much timing at peak rpm. more room for boost in the 4-5k range? no corrections.
thinking of bumping it up on map 6, probably try additive. any suggestions or comments appreciated :cool:

http://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1500746876?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-11-14-18-19-25-26-27-28-29

MauricioGTI

Go Kart Newbie

100-200 km / h of my car measured with G-tech device.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

There is too much timing corrections across multiple cylinders. This is both additive and absolute. I also noticed on both logs even though your pedal is at 100, throttle is jumping around. It should also be at 100. I recommend re logging in map 4.

Yeah, quite a bit of correction going on there and it isn't very hot where you are at. What type of fuel is being used? A couple gallons of E85 would likely remove most of that correction. Or, if using 91 octane, that may help explain it. If better fuel is not available, I would turn down the boost a bit in the meat of the powerband and work your way back up. I would go with absolute so the boost can be controlled as you see fit. Your additive map is boosting higher and thus timing is correcting more.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie

Throttle always jumps around on the R's. I'm not sure of the reasoning or if it's torque control By ecu.

Fuel is 94 octane but it is usually considered equal to US 91. No e85 available in Canada unless you buy it by the drum.

The timing corrections are for the most part are <2. I thought this was considered acceptable and minor. George has reviewed quite a few logs and never mentioned this as a problem. I was also under the belief that the ecu controls torque in this fashion as well. Please correct me if interpeting it incorrectly. Map 1 has had similiar corrections in my logs as well.