GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

-Stinger-

I installed a Highline lower front grill with surrounding trim.
Basically just gives you a slim chrome line on the front that's only found on the high end models in Europe. A fun project.

Parts looks like this:

Pull off the front bumper, unclip old grill and trim and install Highline trim.

image upload

Before and after

pic upload

Also installed door sills and the OEM rear hatch protecter. (Rubber chrome line to protect top of hatch against hitting garage roof)

upload picture

Also installed power folding mirrors and rear view camera in the emblem.
But these are hard to show in pictures.

pic upload

Earlier this months I upgraded the 6,5" to 8" screen.

upload pictures

Last edited:

-Stinger-

Not really cosmetic but:

The pollen season is over (check your local pollen calendar)

So changed the pollen/cabin filter from the normal activated charcoal filter to the new improved OEM "Biodefence" allergy filter. Still has activated charcoal but also an extra layer that removes the tiniest allergens from the air.

This filter is standard in the newer Climateonic cars with the "AirCare" feature. But you can easily use it in any car and enjoy the benifit of even cleaner air in the cabin.

You can see the part number in the picture. If your driving with kids I believe you owe it to them to save their young lungs for as much freeway particles as possible. Not really the place to cheap out and takes 30 seconds to change. Make sure too change at the end or beginning of the pollen season for the most effect.

Remember to wipe/clean the filter compartment with a damp towel before installing the new filter.

image hosting

Last edited:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Not really cosmetic but:

The pollen season is over (check your local pollen calendar)

So changed the pollen/cabin filter from the normal activated charcoal filter to the new improved OEM "Biodefence" allergy filter. Still has activated charcoal but also an extra layer that removes the tiniest allergens from the air.

This filter is standard in the newer Climateonic cars with the "AirCare" feature. But you can easily use it in any car and enjoy the benifit of even cleaner air in the cabin.

You can see the part number in the picture. If your driving with kids I believe you owe it to them to save their young lungs for as much freeway particles as possible. Not really the place to cheap out and takes 30 seconds to change. Make sure too change at the end or beginning of the pollen season for the most effect.

Remember to wipe/clean the filter compartment with a damp towel before installing the new filter.

image hosting
Nice! Do you have a part number for this?

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Raegar

Ready to race!
Work in progress but you get the idea

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Work in progress but you get the idea

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I like the carbon look on these a lot. I took the cheap way out and plasti-dipped mine matte black. The piano black gloss scratched way too easily

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Is the headrest subtle? Used 2007 A4 headrest.

Shown are differences with stock North American market headrest in both down and extended position.

Attachments

• headrest3.JPG
    headrest3.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,096
  • headrests1.JPG
    headrests1.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 3,110
  • IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,068

thaseint

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Is the headrest subtle? Used 2007 A4 headrest.

Shown are differences with stock North American market headrest in both down and extended position.

Nice! Love the low profile headrests, it's a shame the red stitching ones for the GTI are so expensive. I think last time I priced them out there were around $350-400 for the pair brand new...can't justify that kind of cash for headrests.

I keep checking European eBay auctions to see if a used pair pop up but so far nothing.