GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is38 swap

So installed the is38 on my 2015 mk7 gti get it all hooked up did this about a month or 2 ago but havent been already to run it do to the ecu wont request more than 12lbs at most im running jb4 so got logs to look at i checked for boost leaks havent found one yet gotta do smoke test i know you dont need to tune to run it because it came off my buddys car who just ran it with jb4 but maybe my car doesnt like it but its weird it doesnt request a set amount everytime its between 7 and 12lbs amd i get a epc for underboost

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Longest sentence ever.

Tldr: op swapped to an is38 and is only running jb4 to tune. Wonders why it doesn't function properly.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

This is what i have right now but as you can see ecu psi is way low

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
"ECU psi" is what your stock map is requesting, "target" will be what JB4 is adding in the additive map, or requesting in the absolute, and the "boost" is what the turbo is actually producing

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Sounds like it's in limp. Did you do wastegate adaptation?

Do you need to adaptation on a turbo swap that was already running and setup on a previous vehicle?

Yes i know what the logs mean but ecu is only requesting 7-12psi where it should be like 18 stock psi and we did the acuator adaption already have it set to 3.6v and it passed 1st adaption im thinking either boost leak or limp mode

So he gave me the acuator with it its the is38 that was on it and it ran great for him. We put it all on my car and check again its set to 3.6v and passed first adaption.

I cant find the exact code at the moment but the description it simply says underboost and along with this code comes a epc light