GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

Slick99

Ready to race!
Looks like Revo dropped a new(?) intercooler. There's a ShopDAP video of a Revo IC install a couple years back, but this one looks different. No dimensions provided, just "up to 51% Increased Core Volume". hmm

https://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/cooling/mqb-chassis-intercooler&engineid=182

i have the Revotechnik intercooler in my A3 since last year only difference is mine end tank is black color and this new one is fully black color. Btw dimension is 23” x 16.54” x 2”- 760in got it from Revotechnik UK

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
i have the Revotechnik intercooler in my A3 since last year only difference is mine end tank is black color and this new one is fully black color. Btw dimension is 23” x 16.54” x 2”- 760in got it from Revotechnik UK

How does Revo perform compared to other intercoolers, like the I.E. specifically?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
How does Revo perform compared to other intercoolers, like the I.E. specifically?

Not well to be honest...you get what you pay for in this case...

Slick99

Ready to race!
IAT stays below 100F on full wot on 85F ambient temp, on stock intercooler it was going upto 120-125F

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
What's up guys!
wondering if anyone on here has heard/ used Treadstone Intercoolers? I have a friend with a shop down in Miami and he can do a custom front mount IC with piping from the turbo all the way to the throttle body for a good deal and I may jump on this real soon.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Lots of information, good read.
I can get a VWR intercooler for a reasonable price.
How does it stack up in terms of volume and performance compared to the IE?

Down here in SA we are limited, the only other real option is a Wagner IC or maybe the APR one.
Wagner / APR IC is about 50% more expensive than the VWR one.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

Navi

Autocross Champion
Lots of information, good read.
I can get a VWR intercooler for a reasonable price.
How does it stack up in terms of volume and performance compared to the IE?

Down here in SA we are limited, the only other real option is a Wagner IC or maybe the APR one.
Wagner / APR IC is about 50% more expensive than the VWR one.

what about Forge? Aren't they Australia based? They were giving me pretty good deals on their intercooler and radiator.

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI

pieguy

Ready to race!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You guys know I'd look if I could, but since I'm on my phone on a train, how does the APR IC stack up to the IE? Looks like I can get 15% off and I might just bite rather than test my luck with first 20 from IE on Thursday.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk