GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If The MQB S3 Is Any Indication Of The MK7 Golf R...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Why is it me and not him? :confused:

I suppose my reputation precedes me... :rolleyes:

Sorry for being overly concise and detailed. I will work on being more vague so others opinions can sustain as nobody likes to be wrong.
And remember, it is easier to be popular and wrong than it is to be unpopular and right. Just choose wisely.;)

No, didnt mean it bad at all. I thought you were making good points. I saw the one where you broke down the specifics on Car and Driver comments and laid it all out for us.

I dont have any hard feelings towards you because you do bring at least SOME objective data to the table.

Carry on.

Hooklyn

Banned
No, didnt mean it bad at all. I thought you were making good points. I saw the one where you broke down the specifics on Car and Driver comments and laid it all out for us.

I dont have any hard feelings towards you because you do bring at least SOME objective data to the table.

Carry on.

Thanks. I truly appreciate it.

And just for the record I know I get carried away with this stuff. It just gets frustrating when people evade facts/statistics (objectivity) for opinions/beliefs (subjectivity). Very annoying to me is it for people to ignore the facts that don't support their beliefs. I don't understand it but I am working tolerating it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks. I truly appreciate it.

And just for the record I know I get carried away with this stuff. It just gets frustrating when people evade facts/statistics (objectivity) for opinions/beliefs (subjectivity). Very annoying to me is it for people to ignore the facts that don't support their beliefs. I don't understand it but I am working tolerating it.

There's a level of detail that isnt considered to come. Breaking down data like that often isnt in the scope of what people typically do when they want to choose a vehicle. They SHOULD and I think that's where a lot of "common folk", such as people who DONT visit these sites, or read the magazines, see whats on the surface and believe what the dealers tell them about their competition and such.

I do it all the time. I normally take the "look" of a car into account and judge based on there and the details will follow or will be compromised. However, one thing that was part of my decision for the GTI was the aftermarketability. I actually laid out a modification plan before I even bought to car to see how it stacked up with dollar/hp. It was definitely fun.

Its all about how we perceive it and what matters to us. But your breakdown certainly helps see "the bigger picture". I was definitely interested in your S4 comments about a month or two ago.

blueste

Ready to race!
I wonder if we've (U.S.) have seen the last of the German built Golfs, including the R and some Audis. It seems the MK7 Golf may be coming out of Mexico?

I'm trying to decide whether to grab a '13 R or wait to see when the next gen R will be in the U.S. Financially, I was planning to wait a year or so to buy my next car, however the MK6 R built in Germany is really appealing. On the flip side, the advances to the next gen chassis, engine, etc. sound awesome. I just hope they don't cheapen it.

Blue

krische

vdubber in training
I wonder if we've (U.S.) have seen the last of the German built Golfs, including the R and some Audis. It seems the MK7 Golf may be coming out of Mexico?

I'm trying to decide whether to grab a '13 R or wait to see when the next gen R will be in the U.S. Financially, I was planning to wait a year or so to buy my next car, however the MK6 R built in Germany is really appealing. On the flip side, the advances to the next gen chassis, engine, etc. sound awesome. I just hope they don't cheapen it.

Blue

I'm thinking the mk7 R will be available in the US in 2016. The GTI is expected to come in 2014, and the R usually follows 2 years later.

blueste

Ready to race!
I'm thinking the mk7 R will be available in the US in 2016. The GTI is expected to come in 2014, and the R usually follows 2 years later.

That would definitely follow the trend. However, some think they are moving those U.S. release dates up this time around. I guess time will tell...:)

djPerfectTrip

Passed Driver's Ed
That's different. Most of what I've been seeing was Q1/Q2 of 2014.
Same here, but one can hope =^) Due to finances I may have to wait until the next model year comes out after this one anyways =^( And this is just pure speculation but if it does come here that quick, I would think they are being made in Germany. Not sure how quickly a manufacturing plant can be up and running on a new platform in a different country where they haven't made the vehicle before...