GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Old Are MK7 GTI Owners

What was your age when you got your MK7 GTI ?

• Under 20

Votes: 33 3.5%
  • 20 to 29

Votes: 287 30.6%
  • 30 to 39

Votes: 305 32.5%
  • 40 to 49

Votes: 159 16.9%
  • 50 to 59

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • Over 60

Votes: 65 6.9%

• Total voters

Jannnny

Passed Driver's Ed
24, got my MK7 when I was 21

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I just turned 20, but had the car since I was 18.

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
44 and recently got a 17 Sport DSG in Carbon Steel. This is my 4th VAG vehicle. 1980 scirocco S, 87 16v GTI, 90 corrado g60. The MK7 is my favorite of course, but I loved to drive the Scirocco and the 16v. The Corrado was ok but a money pit.

kec7891

49 here. This weekend I traded in my 2010 GTI for a new 2017 SE. I looked at other cars but kept coming back to the GTI. This is my 3rd. There was a part of me that would think, "Is this too much of a younger guy's car? Shouldn't I be in an Audi or Mercedes?" Finally decided, who cares? This car makes me smile every time I drive it.

So,
First was an '85 GTI
Sold that for an '88 Jetta GLI 16v
Had kids, and not wanting my cars scraped to shit by bikes being yanked out of the garage drove other cars that I wouldn't cringe when that would happen.

Kids grew up, so I bought the 2010 GTI, drove it 4 ish years (bought it used with 22k on the odo) and the ONLY thing I had to fix was the intake manifold, which everyone had to fix. It was APR tuned as well with some other nice things added.

I simply stopped into the dealership just to drive a 2017 SE and 30 minutes later was signing paperwork. I had 4 grand in equity too which was nice.

Mine also has the lighting package and I have to admit, I never understood why so many guys recommended it. Now I do. Oh hell, and the Fender audio is SO much better sounding than the standard unit in my MKVI.

No need to add a boost gauge (yay!) Carplay is very cool, the MFI is 10 times nicer, the red striped lights on the doors are nice as well as the ones on the kick plate, or whatever you call it. The brakes, due to the PP, are fantastic, etc. etc. etc. No wonder I signed the papers that day.

So next I decide about the tune. I may go Cobb or JB4 this time due to ease of unwinding it and lower cost. Plus in all honesty, it took practice keeping the tires planted with the APR tune on my previous GTI.

Windows just got tinted so now I start deciding on the little things I want to do.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
@28 - 2002 GTI 337
@32 - 2005 GTI
@38 - 2010 GTI
@42 - 2016 Golf R