Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
If I was hunting big power and reliability I’d start here:

https://www.turbo-total.com/en/stai...en3-mqb-vw/audi-10500-c-garrett-g-series-2947

I still haven’t seen one complete, but I’ve seen a few people working on utilizing the new G series

As itchy as I was to pull the trigger on that flange adapter, I just couldn't stomach the 300 pound cost for a piece of metal. These things can be done for a fraction of the cost, so there's no reason on earth the company you listed should charge so much.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
As itchy as I was to pull the trigger on that flange adapter, I just couldn't stomach the 300 pound cost for a piece of metal. These things can be done for a fraction of the cost, so there's no reason on earth the company you listed should charge so much.

Only reason is if they're the only one making it and some people think they need it bad enough. They don't need to sell very many with the profit they're making.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Only reason is if they're the only one making it and some people think they need it bad enough. They don't need to sell very many with the profit they're making.
Yup, they own the market right now, so they get to decide the value.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It’s a cast stainless piece, which isn’t cheap to manufacture especially in low volume.

Could’ve machined it from a solid piece, but the cost would be almost the same and with cast eventually they’d have better margins after XXX of them sold.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It’s a cast stainless piece, which isn’t cheap to manufacture especially in low volume.

Could’ve machined it from a solid piece, but the cost would be almost the same and with cast eventually they’d have better margins after XXX of them sold.

Can you 3D print something like that? I don't know what materials you can do that with.