GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed check engine light came on have code info

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Need help... wasted so much time because went to use my obdeleven for the first time for an issue and wouldnt load / connect... find out they updated their software and my old droid 4.x no longer supported... and you need a new obdeleven device for iphone since it was a hardware change. Anyway here's the info
2017 with 32k miles I have a JB4 that I've been running for about six months. No other mods. Scan shows Databus error value received, cyc 3 misfire, evap emission control sys leak detected (searched and this means gas cap...I was thinking it was something serious feel stupid)
Its under warranty I've owned since 5k miles and its CPO with warranty until 70k. Sounds like I should clear the codes and reseat the gas cap and see what happens.

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Gas cap on tight? I got a code like that before having it barely on. Is there a power loss or gas smell when it’s off?

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I remember the cap not clicking and having trouble closing it when I filled it a few days ago. I just went out and took it off and reseated it and it definitely clicked this time. No power loss or gas smell. I have felt several misses when sitting at idle after I first installed the JB4. It seemed to go away after a few weeks and its been fine recently. No other issues at all.

I was searching and these 2 fault codes seem to be common and nothing serious that I can tell. Some posts said to clear the codes and see if it comes back. Guessing I should try that.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Reset the codes but if you do have to ultimately go to the dealer remove the JB4.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
These cars love to misfire from what I’ve gleaned.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT