GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Sound upgrade dongle official rental thread!

britet

Hey all, new user here.....have my install set up for 2nd week of January (previously PM'd to get on the dongle list). Watched the youtube vids and decided with my minimal tech savvy I wasn't up to the effort, but looking forward to seeing the difference the unit makes both with and without the programming!

nrk112

Is anyone on the rental waiting list in south Florida?

I just installed mine and am underwhelmed... :( For the current price it was worth it, but not what I was expecting. I hope the coding does as much as everyone says.

My1stGTI2

Is anyone on the rental waiting list in south Florida?

I just installed mine and am underwhelmed... :( For the current price it was worth it, but not what I was expecting. I hope the coding does as much as everyone says.

Same. The bass is a nice addition but the mids and highs are distorted, volume is limited and the soundstage just sounds off.

I'm optimistically hoping to hear angels sing once I dongle it.

BTW... whoever recommended Pony by Ginuwine was right on. That song kicks so much 90's R&B ass in the car! Can't wait to hear it again post-dongle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Lowtown is having issues with his install. This is a lesson I have now learned and should have said something earlier. Please have your install completed and make sure everything is working OK before you expect the dongle. I am going to have to put a cap on 1 week for the dongle maximum as to be respectful of the others on the list.

TurboMakesItBetter

I had a dealer ask me an interesting question. I took my car in under warranty to check out the "ParkPilot is currently not available" error with the rear view camera and some other funkiness going on like switching tracks/channels on it's own, proximity sensor menu staying popped up, soft buttons on screen not working...all of which has been happening from day 1. The Infotainment system is the only complaint I've had with the car so far btw...

Anyway, the dealer asked about the sub install and said "it's not coded" and that "there's some coding that is supposed to be done when it's installed and it's not done". Considering I personally coded it with the dongle, it left me a little miffed to say the least. Is there any other type of coding that is supposed to happen with VAG-COM maybe? I've been searching around and haven't seen anything about it.

My1stGTI2

I had a dealer ask me an interesting question. I took my car in under warranty to check out the "ParkPilot is currently not available" error with the rear view camera and some other funkiness going on like switching tracks/channels on it's own, proximity sensor menu staying popped up, soft buttons on screen not working...all of which has been happening from day 1. The Infotainment system is the only complaint I've had with the car so far btw...

Anyway, the dealer asked about the sub install and said "it's not coded" and that "there's some coding that is supposed to be done when it's installed and it's not done". Considering I personally coded it with the dongle, it left me a little miffed to say the least. Is there any other type of coding that is supposed to happen with VAG-COM maybe? I've been searching around and haven't seen anything about it.
Interesting. Did the dealer plug a dongle into the amp to determine that it was not coded? If not how was that determination made?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Sounds like they were trying to get you to pay for them doing warranty work.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
OK! Back on track, Lotown is ready to ship out. I will PM mech and refund Paul. Thanks guys!

TurboMakesItBetter

Interesting. Did the dealer plug a dongle into the amp to determine that it was not coded? If not how was that determination made?

Sounds like they were trying to get you to pay for them doing warranty work.

They didn't tell me how it was determined, just said there was coding that hadn't been done. I was going to have them do the install initially, because they quoted me either 1.5 or 2 hours labor, which I was okay with, but the first time they looked at it, they told me they didn't realize they had to run the wiring and said I would have to reschedule since the car wasn't "pre-wired". If the car was pre-wired to the point I just had to drop the box in the back and plug it in, I would like to know where the hell they get 1.5-2 hours labor out of that. Needless to say, I knocked it out myself and skipped all that nonsense.

Now if VW could just get the damn Infotainment issue worked out, I would be good to go...

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That's more than it costs to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk