GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Having Car Driven In From One Dealer To Another

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Awesome.

Hopefuly the MK8 will also have some exciting colors on the GTI.

The Cornflower blue and that gray on the Drivers Edition was fun, however the build here in the US was lacking IMO.

You got the host of both worlds here!

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Awesome.

Hopefuly the MK8 will also have some exciting colors on the GTI.

The Cornflower blue and that gray on the Drivers Edition was fun, however the build here in the US was lacking IMO.

You got the host of both worlds here!

2023 is the 40th anniversary of the GTI in the US. I'd expect something unique to commemorate, perhaps similar to the 45th anniversary they unveiled for Europe. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volks...-golf-gti-edition-45-anniversary-model-leaked

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
2023 is the 40th anniversary of the GTI in the US. I'd expect something unique to commemorate, perhaps similar to the 45th anniversary they unveiled for Europe. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volks...-golf-gti-edition-45-anniversary-model-leaked
They're a few years ahead of us in the EU, but I suspect we'll get something like this.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
They're a few years ahead of us in the EU, but I suspect we'll get something like this.

I know they are, which is why I said to expect something similar in 2023. We haven't gotten an anniversary model since the 20ths in 2003.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I know they are, which is why I said to expect something similar in 2023. We haven't gotten an anniversary model since the 20ths in 2003.
VW USA doesn't really believe in any fun. I assume the only reason they've got good content on the 2021's is just to sell off global supply of old Mk7 parts. Looking at you Belvederes.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
VW USA doesn't really believe in any fun. I assume the only reason they've got good content on the 2021's is just to sell off global supply of old Mk7 parts. Looking at you Belvederes.

The Golf product manager for VWUSA, Megan, is an enthusiast (she got the Rabbit Edition and Spektrums created). I'll be surprised if there is nothing "fun" released during the mk8 run.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The Golf product manager for VWUSA, Megan, is an enthusiast (she got the Rabbit Edition and Spektrums created). I'll be surprised if there is nothing "fun" released during the mk8 run.
Good to know. Long history of misguided decisions by VW/Audi USA, but progress is progress. Maybe they'll even find a way to get us more than three colors on the Mk8 R, or even the availability of the Clubsport.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Good to know. Long history of misguided decisions by VW/Audi USA, but progress is progress. Maybe they'll even find a way to get us more than three colors on the Mk8 R, or even the availability of the Clubsport.

They've done something "interesting" at some point for every generation except the mk6 going back to the 90s.

Mk3- Harlequin, MK4- 337/20th AE/R32 introduction, Mk5- Farenheit, MK6????, MK7- Spektrum/Rabbit

I think not having to worry about poor standard golf sales may free them up to do a bit more as well.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
They've done something "interesting" at some point for every generation except the mk6 going back to the 90s.

Mk3- Harlequin, MK4- 337/20th AE/R32 introduction, Mk5- Farenheit, MK6????, MK7- Spektrum/Rabbit

I think not having to worry about poor standard golf sales may free them up to do a bit more as well.
Wasn't that a self inflicted wound? Still seems odd that they killed it without offering the ID3. We have an ID4 on order, but it's $55k, they've really dropped the ball on the entry level.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Wasn't that a self inflicted wound? Still seems odd that they killed it without offering the ID3. We have an ID4 on order, but it's $55k, they've really dropped the ball on the entry level.

whats a self inflicted wound? Cancelling the base golf? not sure I'd call it a wound. vw posts the sales numbers every month, Golfs barely outsold golf Rs the last year of R production. Entry level vw buyers get jettas. people who want hatches spend a little extra and get gtis.

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1243

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1454

VW makes its money on SUVs and Jettas.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
OnT-congrats to the OP for finding the car of his dreams :). And, not having to worry about whether his brand new car was hooned all the way to the dealer or not. Its pretty hard to F these up when new, but it can be done. FWIW, I was able to do the DX for my dealer when buying my last 3 new cars and drove them all back to the selling dealer myself. Glad I had the ability because I personally feel the first couple hundred miles or so is rather important to break-in with regard to engine/ring sealing. Its that very thing that others have said about constant speed, but also has to do with load placed on the engine during that time to get it sealed up. Suffice it to say, none were babied and all have zero oil consumption after many thousands of miles. Still, I wouldn't worry if the cars were already DXed and had a couple hundred on them.

OffT-I hope VWofA brings over a 40th/Clubsport GTI. If so, I might go for that instead of an R. Or at least source that front bumper cover to replace that ugly grin the new MK8 has :LOL:. Otherwise, I'm currently looking at a MK7 GLI.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
OnT-congrats to the OP for finding the car of his dreams :). ....

Thanks shortyb. I'm trying to put my delivered-to-my-Dealer-with-300-miles-on-it worries behind me and get on with enjoying the car. I haven't romped on it yet, but have moderately put the spurs to it a few times and have been VERY impressed.