GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Having Car Driven In From One Dealer To Another

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I'm a worry-wart, part of my genes. Added to that, my wife and I tend to overanalyze most things.

Ends up that I got the car. :) 2021 SE 6M, Corn Flower Blue. Coming out of a 15 year old pickup, I'm rather overwhelmed with its technology and features right now. My gearhead wife has a '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M, so I have a good coach. It's pouring rain outside, so I'm posting this morning's garage shot for now.

2021-02-12 001 My GTI - for upload.jpg

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Good Looking and 6m to boot, nothing could be better. Hope the pano roof does not give problems.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Great looking car! Love that color!

I've got a sunroof and I rather love it. The mesh slider is awesome in spring to keep bugs/leaves out while driving along but wanting more air. It does creak if the seals start to go dry, so it needs constant lubing 🙄.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Good Looking and 6m to boot, nothing could be better. Hope the pano roof does not give problems.

The sunroof in my wife's '17 Golf has been leak free and squeak free for 4 years now. I sure hope that mine is the same. We use hers a lot. We drove two hours in the pouring rain getting the GTI home from the Dealer and all is dry around the sunroof. I sure hope that continues. :oops:

Thanks for everyone's wishes!

The Dealer also applied a VW wheel lock set, yet they never mentioned it. I nearly suffered a heart attack when I couldn't find the key in the kit, but I soon found it nested in the spare tire tool area. I made a note of the wheel lock key code in case I ever lose it.

Last edited:

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Great looking car! Love that color!

I've got a sunroof and I rather love it. The mesh slider is awesome in spring to keep bugs/leaves out while driving along but wanting more air. It does creak if the seals start to go dry, so it needs constant lubing 🙄.

The Corn Flower Blue GTIs are disappearing pretty quickly it seems. A Dealer told me that VW Puebla made only 700, half DSG, half 6M. Dealers in my area won't trade them to other Dealers in exchange for other colors. I'm not sure if Puebla will be making more. I didn't know this when I started shopping; I just liked the color. I expect it'll look a bit brighter in sunlight.

2021-02-12 My GTI In The Rain - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Head over to the VW dealer & pick up 4 lug bolts to replace those wheel locks. Also don't let the tire guys hit the locks with an impact wrench. It will ruin them.

Sweet looking GTI. I love my MK6, but I'd be very happy with a new MK7.5.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Head over to the VW dealer & pick up 4 lug bolts to replace those wheel locks. Also don't let the tire guys hit the locks with an impact wrench. It will ruin them.

Sweet looking GTI. I love my MK6, but I'd be very happy with a new MK7.5.

Thank you. They left the four standard lug bolts in the locking bolt kit box, so I can replace the locking bolts anytime with the standard bolts whenever I wish to. That's a good idea you have to swap them out prior to any visit to a tire store.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Congrats. Love Cornflower. Wish my R was one of the bright spektrum blues.

Thank you. (y) My friends and I all voted for Dark Iron Blue, but the CFB quickly grew on me and I had to have it. I thought it'd be a safer color too.