GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone successfully installed the homelink mirror?

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
As far as I can see the c and e versions are both techically for non rain sensor vehicles but one is gray and one is black on the back. It I imagine either would work on a no sensor car as it doesn't seem to really have anything to do with it anyway.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
As far as I can see the c and e versions are both techically for non rain sensor vehicles but one is gray and one is black on the back. It I imagine either would work on a no sensor car as it doesn't seem to really have anything to do with it anyway.

I need to know for certain which is which. I want all black if I'm ordering one.

Pics I'm finding seem to all be black regardless of p/n

Sherifftruman

Ready to race!
I need to know for certain which is which. I want all black if I'm ordering one.

Pics I'm finding seem to all be black regardless of p/n

Maybe I'm wrong. I swear I saw one that was gray but I did some looking and none seem to be now. Maybe it was just an old picture or the way the "frameless" frame looked.

brjohnso

No. They are both black, and frameless. One has a connector that works for vehicles with rain sensors (the "C" version). One has a connector that works for vehicles without. I know this because my wife ordered the "E"version first, and I had to exchange the part for the "C" version. The description of the "C" version in the consumer catalog is incorrect. The mirrors are the same, but the mechanical connection on the back of the mirrors are different.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
No. They are both black, and frameless. One has a connector that works for vehicles with rain sensors (the "C" version). One has a connector that works for vehicles without. I know this because my wife ordered the "E"version first, and I had to exchange the part for the "C" version. The description of the "C" version in the consumer catalog is incorrect. The mirrors are the same, but the mechanical connection on the back of the mirrors are different.

Thank you for this important clarification. I am working with e-acca.com to get these parts added so we can get them for even better prices. They have confirmed the parts are available from their suppliers, but will not be available via their website for a few weeks yet since I asked them to get them. They do not yet have pricing, so we will see.

ksutterfield

I have a 2017 Golf Sportwagen SEL with DAP on order and would like to retrofit the Homelink Mirror. With DAP, the factory mirror is auto-dimming, as well as has the rain sensor. Does anyone have experience with this mirror? Would the C version be plug and play, or would I need to run new wires to the headlight switch? Thanks!