GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

armedferret

Ready to race!
This is how you get them through an airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Except the loaded magazines part. Ammo has to be in a box (not magazines) in a separate container from the firearm. If an airline has approved that, they're in violation of federal law.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
True story, ammunition must be seperate from the firearm however you are able to take ammunition with you as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Delaware is not a great state for gun ownership, but not a terrible one either.

That being said, we are one of just a couple of states where suppressors are banned. Can't own one even if you wanted to get the stamp.

I am one of the people really rooting for the NRA to get suppressor legislation pushed through. Hell, suppressors are popular in Europe of all places, mainly for hearing protection and being kind to neighbors while shooting. Why the US can't get over that mental hurdle I just don't understand.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Ammo can be in a magazine but the cartridge end must be completely covered. I don't know of any product that will meet the regs. Of course you can tape it over with duct tape if you don't mind cleaning off the glue.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Not exactly on topic but I just saw where Taser makes what looks like a compact .380 size, gun shaped Taser called the Pulse. Shoots wired needles like larger police versions. Legal in most states.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Ammo can be in a magazine but the cartridge end must be completely covered. I don't know of any product that will meet the regs. Of course you can tape it over with duct tape if you don't mind cleaning off the glue.

I'm not sure which poster you are referring to, but if you're talking AR mags, Magpul makes magazine dust covers:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
That too. Didn't know Magpul made them. I'll need to see if they make then for my "travel" gats. Or are they just for their mags?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If it gets passed and signed I'll buy one for my .22. There will be a huge demand so be prepared to pay a premium price, and wait unless you get in quick.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'd really love to have one for my Saiga 12.