GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI VWR springs on Tsi?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Hey, I was recently in an accident and I believe one of my VWR springs were damaged.

I have a source on getting a set of VWR springs from a GTI for a great deal. But not sure if they will work.
VWR used to have this info on their site, but they redesigned and now I can't find any thing.

I know there are 2 different model numbers for each car. The GTI also sits lower with these springs. Spring rate is probably a bit stiffer.

But will they work, and if the GTI sits lower than the TSI variant, will my TSI now be a bit lower than before?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Tried emailing them no response.
Was hoping a a fellow golf owner put GTI springs on by accident and it happened to work fine :).

If it turns out to be a bit stiffer and a little lower I'd be happy to run them. I just don't want them to make the car sit higher for some reason.

I know a lot of other springs only have 1 part number for Tsi and GTI. So I'm assuming the VWR would work fine but again, just want to make sure.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Thanks! So you're running the GTI springs now?
Does it actually sit higher? On GTI's the VWR makes it sit quite a bit lower, I was hoping it would be the same on the golf as well.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Based on reading the other thread since it lowers the car more then it does on GTI as Golf starts off higher, your struts will likely go even faster then the GTI struts. If you are going through the trouble of changing springs you should consider getting struts at same time. I replaced my stock struts after 24K as they were starting to lose dampening ability. Not that it is a hard job, but I should of done it right the first time.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! So you're running the GTI springs now?
Does it actually sit higher? On GTI's the VWR makes it sit quite a bit lower, I was hoping it would be the same on the golf as well.

I am running GTI springs right now and I have no complaints about the wheel arch gap. Performance has been great until the last 3k miles or so. As soon as bilstein’s are shipping, a set of B8’s will be in the mail headed to me. :D

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Well I'm fine with shocks wearing out sooner. Ideally last long enough to save up for coils.

Looking at the pictures in your build, the car doesn't look like it sits any higher or lower than mine did.