GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Deal? 17 GTI SE 5dr, 6spd

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
picked up my 2017 night blue gti last night for just a hair over $27k at 2.59% out the door. MSRP was $32,565 and selling price was $25,065. Extended warranty up to 7 years or 72k miles, deferred payments until 3/28/2018 and payment terms extended to 66 months at the same rate as 60 month financing.

thanks to all who helped!

adam1991

Banned
If it's the SE you got, then you got the same amount off I got on my Autobahn.

I *love* the night blue. In the sun, it's not to be believed.

And on the road, why, it's just another Golf, officer, really.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Congrats and do update the thread with some pictures.

thanks for your help! will do soon.

Nice job.

thank you very much for the realistic advice Diggs24, much appreciated.

If it's the SE you got, then you got the same amount off I got on my Autobahn.

I *love* the night blue. In the sun, it's not to be believed.

And on the road, why, it's just another Golf, officer, really.

is it good that I got a similar discount to your autobahn?

agree 100% with the NB albeit,I haven't seen it in the daytime but I can only imagine :)

adam1991

Banned
I figure the discount should be the same across the board. I got $6K off my Autobahn/DSG; you got $6K off your SE/MT, right?

Maybe my discount, being on a more expensive car, "should" have been more. Who knows. Or your discount "should" have been less, being on a less expensive car.

I'd say you made out very well. Nothing to be ashamed of.

seancs14

picked up my 2017 night blue gti last night for just a hair over $27k at 2.59% out the door. MSRP was $32,565 and selling price was $25,065. Extended warranty up to 7 years or 72k miles, deferred payments until 3/28/2018 and payment terms extended to 66 months at the same rate as 60 month financing.

thanks to all who helped!

Great Job!

I’m negotiating on an SE DSG right now and at $27.3k OTD right now in CA ($33,165 MSRP), which is close to you but I’m wondering if your price included the warranty too? If so, there might be a bit more work I should try to do. No warranty in my deal so far.

Any other ideas on things I should try to get them to throw in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Great Job!

I’m negotiating on an SE DSG right now and at $27.3k OTD right now in CA ($33,165 MSRP), which is close to you but I’m wondering if your price included the warranty too? If so, there might be a bit more work I should try to do. No warranty in my deal so far.

Monster mats if it doesn't have them. If it has monster mats see if they have Mojo mats. I like mine.
Cargo mat.
You could try for autodimming mirror with install. That might be a tough get.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Great Job!

Thanks! So mine didn't include the extended warranty for free but I got it for $22 and some change per month. This allowed me to get the same financing for 66 months as when I had originally negotiated for 60 months. It also allowed me to defer my payments until 3/28/18. Without the extended warranty at $22/mo I would've been at 60 mo financing and 1st pmt due 1/28 probably. Mine was already optioned with mats, blocks, first aid and what not so I didn't have to ask for those. I did however get GTI plate frames lol.
Good luck!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I assume this is with taking their financing?

I'm also assuming this is with VW financing, I checked with Chase and their rates seem to be higher but that was based off a generic FICO matrix so I suppose it could be different. Thanks!

The only way they could arrive at that price is by putting all the dealer cash into the deal, which means that your options are a cash purchase or bank/CU financing/lease, or through VW credit at their standard rates. If you use VCI special APR or lease, they are not eligible to receive dealer cash. I negotiated a similar deal on my car, and while they didn't have a problem with me getting financed by a credit union, they did ask that I apply through them, so they'd get the finder's fee from the CU. Since most CU's don't allow dealers to mark their rates up, I was OK with it. As it turned out, the dealer was able to find me an even better rate through another CU 60 miles away.

Hollow Grind

Great Job!

That appears to be close to an 8k discount - I'd say you're doing well! If you're in SoCal, feel free to PM me the dealer/sales rep, I'm seriously considering buying a GTI too.

seancs14

That appears to be close to an 8k discount - I'd say you're doing well! If you're in SoCal, feel free to PM me the dealer/sales rep, I'm seriously considering buying a GTI too.

Happy to. Let me see if they actually follow through with it tomorrow. I was planning on doing the deal tomorrow but I made the mistake of driving a used Golf R tonight. It’s incredible.

I was at South Coast (not the dealer with the offer) today and they were prepping 5-6 2018’s, so I’m trying to decide to whether to push to get it done by year end or wait for even better incentives in January now that the /018’s are on lots locally. There is still a decent supply of SE’s in SoCal.

...or I might try to go for a slightly used Golf R. The new GTI’s are just such incredibly good deals right now.

seancs14

I decided to not go with the GTI after driving the R. I think I’ll always feel like I went for the deal rather than what really tugs at at the heart strings. If anyone is interested in the dealer/person, let me know. I also got a $25.5k+TTL offer from an AZ dealer if anyone is interested.