GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC MK7 VS Big turbo Cayman S

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
This race was a long time coming, a lot of smack talking going on for months and months. Finally I convinced him to race. My buddy has this TPC Stage 2 Cayman S making 430WHP. Enjoy.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Somebody just opened up a can of "whoop ass!"

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Wow....who would have thought a cayman s could be puppy kicked so fuckin hard....lmao

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

digilio86

Ready to race!
Impressive, can someone please explain how a similar weight and peak hp car gets thrashed so severely? Is the turbo super peaky ? So many questions lol great content as usual vag. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
Impressive, can someone please explain how a similar weight and peak hp car gets thrashed so severely? Is the turbo super peaky ? So many questions lol great content as usual vag. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
DSG for sure helps a lot, the IS38 powerband is really the reason in my opinion. Its close to peak or peak power after 4000 to near redline, where as the Porsche seems to only have about the top 2000rpm where it feels like peak power. I think my car runs a little stronger than average as well being a light 2 door.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Ive seen your runs Vag, so I wont question the acceleration of your mk7. It moves. My impression is he didnt, or "seem" to not hit the gas same time as you on that last honk. Because you left him like was driving a Prius. Unless his spooltime is ridiculous slow.

Question 2 what type of Giac file? High octane custom?

Nevertheless your car gets out good lol :)

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Ive seen your runs Vag, so I wont question the acceleration of your mk7. It moves. My impression is he didnt, or "seem" to not hit the gas same time as you on that last honk. Because you left him like was driving a Prius. Unless his spooltime is ridiculous slow.

Question 2 what type of Giac file? High octane custom?

Nevertheless your car gets out good lol :)

Nothing special, it's the Beta version of the IS38 file, slightly more aggressive than release but nothing nutty, still a pump gas file.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not to be a hater, but it didn't even seem like the Cayman knew the race was starting.

He just doesn't accelerate at all, in the rear view he looks like he's barely moving. I've watched the video a few times, I don't see the weight transfer on the Porsche like he hit the gas hard.

Is this actual power disparity or just reaction time and then the Cayman gives up?

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Not to be a hater, but it didn't even seem like the Cayman knew the race was starting.

He just doesn't accelerate at all, in the rear view he looks like he's barely moving. I've watched the video a few times, I don't see the weight transfer on the Porsche like he hit the gas hard.

Is this actual power disparity or just reaction time and then the Cayman gives up?

Should I message him and post the screen shots here? Funny that every time I beat a car that is supposed to be so fast I get the same exact comments. IS38 spool time > Gt30 sized turbo spool time.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
https://www.google.com/search?q=cay...C&biw=414&bih=628&dpr=3#imgrc=7O9xlan-EjIntM:

http://www.tpcracing.com/tpc-racing-stage-2-cayman-turbo.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_r92c3vmPU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNMENxzYOo.

Lol Vag is gonna hate me... but this is nothing personal. Im just a fellow gearhead trying to wrap my little brain on what I saw.

After digging info on stage 2 tpc kits. Looks like 430 whp is certainly in the ball park of what Vag stated. Tpc states on their website it trap 121mph on their stage 2 shop car. If you look at thr dyno graph, its showig a fairly linear power curve. Spool is respectable.

So here we have on paper- a 2900-3000lb car correct? 430 whp on a boosted 3.4 Porsche motor.
Looking at the info, the videos, what TPC states. The power is real and the car appears to be a rather fast street car.

Assuming the Porsche driver id in the correct gear for a 3 honk roll race, where as soom as he hears that 3rd honk he should gas it!, yet if he did, how in the fuck did you beat him THAT bad? Lol. You didnt pull on him, you raped his butthole and blew the doors of a 430 whp "120mph" trap car with a pump gas is38 gti. No disrespect, and Not trying to be a dick, honestly bro. I keep thinking over and over that outcome would be the result of him starting off in a high gear or just missing that honk.

Do I have a point or am I just a full retard lol. Idk. "SHRUGS"

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Do I have a point or am I just a full retard lol. Idk. "SHRUGS"

Seems like you probably have a point. I mean in the videos you posted the Cayman is running with a Z06 Vette and pulling away albeit slightly (there's a second video where the Vette starts pulling ahead when they reach high speeds)

Just...kinda seems he didn't react at the third honk or like was said, he was in a high gear by accident.::eek: