GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC IS38 Extreme test file vs 135i and built vette

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Do you need to run W/M for the extreme file? Or just the in-tank fuel pump upgrade? Or both?

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Do you need to run W/M for the extreme file? Or just the in-tank fuel pump upgrade? Or both?

The file is not at a release stage yet, so I'd rather not really comment on it until they decide what route they will be taking. It will definitely not be runnable on pump gas alone though.

Venumous

Ready to race!
That's badass. Back in the day when I ran only a bolt-on Cobra and trapped 121.5mph my best friend had an 03 Z06 with heads and cam. It trapped the same but was a roll monster and would easily pull away from the stock blower Cobra up top. Very impressive.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I've been interested in switching from ED to either GIAC or UM but what kind of turns me off of GIAC is the stage 2 file does not turn off the CEL for running aftermarket downpipes... can you code this off permanently w/OBD11/Vagcom?

Sorry for going OT a bit

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I've been interested in switching from ED to either GIAC or UM but what kind of turns me off of GIAC is the stage 2 file does not turn off the CEL for running aftermarket downpipes... can you code this off permanently w/OBD11/Vagcom?

Sorry for going OT a bit

???? Of course their stage 2 codes it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
???? Of course their stage 2 codes it out.

A rep from GIAC told me that they don't, maybe that person was confused? Anyways I don't want to clog up Vagtechs thread w/this.

Seeing your vids has made me tempted to switch to GIAC though! If the code is indeed coded out then I may go GIAC..

Zx2man

Ready to race!
How is that NS is38 fmic working for you Vag, in that hot Ea Washington heat?
I assume good by looking at your videos lol

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
A rep from GIAC told me that they don't, maybe that person was confused? Anyways I don't want to clog up Vagtechs thread w/this.

Seeing your vids has made me tempted to switch to GIAC though! If the code is indeed coded out then I may go GIAC..

If you're already ED stage 2 the switch may not be worth your money. Save that and put it towards an is38.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Was it a zo6 ?

It had heads/cam on an LS engine, only thing to make a difference in a roll race would be 100lbs at that point.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Was it a zo6 ?

No, it was base model. I know the heads are aftermarket aluminum heads, not sure on brand, I can easily find out though. Not sure what other differences the base and Z06 have.

How is that NS is38 fmic working for you Vag, in that hot Ea Washington heat?
I assume good by looking at your videos lol

Well, it was doing well for me, but now I have the IE intercooler and while IAT's are close to the same drop the wastegate duty cycle has decreased for the same boost levels showing the IE has less of a pressure restriction than the Neuspeed.

They do not code out the CEL anymore.