GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel suction pump help pls

ACE2

Ready to race!
I know this part is cheap but can it be bought separately from the tank? I just installed vortex with lpfp and all supporting mods and went for my logging. Everything was running perfect until after a wot pull and fuel started purging from passenger rear tire. I already been thru this twice before with canister filter replacement and it worked last time I changed it out for a few years now. Idk if the lpfp has anything to do with it (bad install?) or it suction pump just happened to go out at this time randomly. I have no codes and car drives somewhat normal ish. But im going to buy a canister filter and figured I’d try to replace the suction pump if I could since this was a solution for some with this problem. Any part number or link for part would be greatly appreciated!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Why not have dealer change it. Covered under extended emissions warranty

ACE2

Ready to race!
Why not have dealer change it. Covered under extended emissions warranty
Because last time I had car at dealer it took them forever to get my car back lol and if it will only take me 1 hour to do the job, I’d rather do it myself since I already have car apart again (except fuel pump still in at this moment). I found the part number now and it looks easy to replace from a video. But I need to find out if it’s integrated into the tank like some vehicles or is a replaceable part on the others. Apparently they changed it up and some need actual tank replaced and others can just reach in and unclip

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Because last time I had car at dealer it took them forever to get my car back lol and if it will only take me 1 hour to do the job, I’d rather do it myself since I already have car apart again (except fuel pump still in at this moment). I found the part number now and it looks easy to replace from a video. But I need to find out if it’s integrated into the tank like some vehicles or is a replaceable part on the others. Apparently they changed it up and some need actual tank replaced and others can just reach in and unclip
north american cars have the driver side sealed off and need a replacement tank.

ACE2

Ready to race!
2016? Pretty sure yours is separate part like mine. And no, don't let the dealer do it. It's pretty easy.
Yea a 2016. I took a bore scope to tank just know I saw it right behind th lpfp. It looks 90% the same as pics but the fuel kinda distorted the bottom lol but I’m pretty sure I can get to it easily. Any tips to take off bracket? These clips on this car seem easy for most people but man I have the worst luck trying to undo most harnesses or clips on this car lol

ACE2

Ready to race!
it just slides up iirc. when you buy the part it willmake sense
Thanks man! Just ordered it hopefully I’ll have my car up and running here soon again. Need to buy a canister filter again though since this one is flooded and messed up

ACE2

Ready to race!
mine was flooded. just compressor and invert a lot to get it out
My tank basically drained since this happened lol (I only started with a quarter of a tank anyways).
Since you’re the man to get info on here usually, maybe you can answer me this or help me understand what just happened. Car stopped leaking like I previously said before and I cleaned it all up. After I took out my new lpfp to borescope to see jet pump, apparently the car purged fuel all over again when I left. I just came back to a giant puddle in my garage again, but I don’t understand how it happened again since neck filler was already drained previously. It kinda boggles my mind to think that the lpfp being put back in caused that much pressure to push out that much fuel again

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My tank basically drained since this happened lol (I only started with a quarter of a tank anyways).
Since you’re the man to get info on here usually, maybe you can answer me this or help me understand what just happened. Car stopped leaking like I previously said before and I cleaned it all up. After I took out my new lpfp to borescope to see jet pump, apparently the car purged fuel all over again when I left. I just came back to a giant puddle in my garage again, but I don’t understand how it happened again since neck filler was already drained previously. It kinda boggles my mind to think that the lpfp being put back in caused that much pressure to push out that much fuel again
Did you open the driver's door or anything? Is the battery unhooked? Not sure if opening the door and causing the LPFP to prime could do this.