GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Logging Capability

Zed3

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Extremely noob question or three about the SimOS Tools app, but not related to logging. What menu function and procedure do I call up from the menu to look at the existing ecu code and other 'static' information. I was told that I could use this tool to possibly determine whose code was installed, because it's not running the stock code, and it is locking out any updates. Everything I've found online refers to the logging tools and their options.

I've been to two VW dealers and two speed shops. They've tried to install a new APR tune, but it will stop when it starts the download process. Each one of their attempts fail at that point in the process. I asked if the dealer could flash it back to stock, but they refused until I can get the existing code uninstalled. The questions are whose code is installed, and how can I get either specs of the tune, or the right method to uninstall it? If it's from a known vendor, I may just leave things alone!

I was playing around with logging this weekend. I love the logging features of SimOS Tools and I intend to use them after I get all this sorted.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It's probably Cobb based on the description of what's going on. However the 19+ Golf R models don't go to what's called a "consolidated ROM" and therefore just looking at the ECU info won't tell you definitively if that's the case.

At the very end of of the get ecu info text that will be spit out, the sections that say "Block 1, Block 2, etc.".... if that says 2000_0_0: 00: 00 00 00 69 69 : 69, then that confirms that the last flash was done with a Cobb Accessport.

Zed3

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks for all the updates. I reached out to Cobb, and their response was the only way to confirm what's installed is to go to a Cobb distributor and plug an AP in. One of the closer "local" dealers sells Cobb and APR tunes, so I think they're the best bet.