GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Easthood Racing's Time Attack/Getaway Driver GTI

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
You should post up your youtube channel. Also, thanks for the mychanic stool review. I snagged one and been rolling around on it for awhile now.
word?? I'm happy that was helpful! That was a fun one. I literally use it all the time now.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Nice. Is that BOV mounted to the charge piping or tapped off the intake manifold?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Nice. Is that BOV mounted to the charge piping or tapped off the intake manifold?
Perfect question

Short version- right in line with the charge piping!

So i can move it wherever I need to as I change components.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Looks like you have the spulen clutch line too, was it long enough to delete the swirl valve at the firewall too? I’m going to install mine tomorrow or tonight.
Sure is. I did the while thing. Bleed the unit after your done from the clutch line. I'd you don't have a bleeder block I would suggest there's as well

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thinking about going with a lighter battery and really like your setup. Any compromises with the D680 in terms of cold starts in the wintertime or periods of non-use (my car occasionally sits for a couple of weeks at a time without being driven and would like to avoid having to keep the battery on a tender)? May keep the OEM battery for wintertime use and swap in the D680 for the summer. Thoughts? Thx for the help.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I thought it was a tcr?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I saw he was running the XS Power D680 on his you tube channel. Not sure if that is current though. A few people are running lithium ions as well, but they are very pricey. I'm open to ideas.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Braille G30

No issues staring in winter, was running E50 as well.

Yeah, not cheap though.

Thanks Diggs. Might honestly be worth the price just to not have to worry about it. May take a page out of your book with the velcro strap as well, haha (ultimate weight savings).

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I saw he was running the XS Power D680 on his you tube channel. Not sure if that is current though. A few people are running lithium ions as well, but they are very pricey. I'm open to ideas.
Correct running the d680. Haven't gone through a winter yet so idk! However after doing the adaptation it starts just fine like normal.
I do have an OEMbattery around here still so if it really comes to it I'll swap it.

It gets extra cold here in the winter, worst comes to worst I'll put it on a tender which really isn't a bad idea ever.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Correct running the d680. Haven't gone through a winter yet so idk! However after doing the adaptation it starts just fine like normal.
I do have an OEMbattery around here still so if it really comes to it I'll swap it.

It gets extra cold here in the winter, worst comes to worst I'll put it on a tender which really isn't a bad idea ever.

Thanks, Flex. Will let you guys know what I decide. Will probably prioritize a catch can first (Spulen V2) since I'm getting a bit of blow by at the track, but this is on the wish list.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks, Flex. Will let you guys know what I decide. Will probably prioritize a catch can first (Spulen V2) since I'm getting a bit of blow by at the track, but this is on the wish list.

You might want to ask Spulen how soon their version 3 catch can is from coming out.