GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dutch's Awesome GTI Nonsense And Belated Build Info Thread

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I picked up a plate bracket and a pack of wire grommets to keep the bracket from rubbing the bumper, finally got rid of the dealer advertisement on the back of my car.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
They have a special patch that can be removed without damaging the film. The sticker goes on the patch and then it's applied to the windshield.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Got this in the mail today. I've been wanting one for a while but couldn't decide what to get, finally just ordered it. The car is in the shop having the MAP DP installed so I'll put this in when I get it back home.

Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
For anyone else who buys a cam, check the storage limits first. Had to format the card down to 32 gigs. Oops.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yet another quick tip: don't forget to buy any adapters you may need if you plan on hardwiring.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Out with the old, in with the new:

Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
FutureMrsDutch and I went for a quick drive to check out the camera quality and the downpipe. I also grabbed a quick log and am pleased to see that the DP does in fact make a nice difference not only in sound, but power. It's all relative, of course. I use Virtual Dyno to see if there's a difference, not to get actual power numbers.

I'll toss the video up so you can see the camera quality but I'm not editing it down for entertainment purposes.

Edit: How the hell do you embed a video on here?

Last edited:

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Welp, I can only get it to upload in 360p vs the 1080p source so what the hell use is that?

Last edited:

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Tried YouTube? Can't see any images/videos from what you posted today. Might be a Tapatalk issue though. How do you like the downpipe?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I tried two different 1080p uploads but apparently there's a delay for the high res versions to become available. I'll post the link when it's working.

The DP is awesome. Quiet when cruising, a nice growl under steady acceleration, and aggressive in all the right ways when your foot accidentally gets stuck in the carpet.