GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DRL is dead

pfabs

So a bit of an update. I finally got around to ripping my bumper off and it turns out my DRL module on the car has the "G" Part number. I went on eBay and bought the "F" part number. The only differences is that the F module had a few more pins in the connector then the G. It still direct plugged in and bolted up. Turns out these are interchange AFAIK. I have had it in for about 200 miles now and no issues. Hopefully this can help some folks out :).

IMG_2728.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

Undeclared

Out of curiosity; are you missing your RH fog lamp cover from your wheel well too? I think that's how I managed to flood my RH headlamp when I hit standing water.
Any chance you found a part number for that cover? My DRL went out and my cover is missing as well. I don't want to replace it without that cover if it's just gonna get messed up again.

Found it: 5G0-805-413-C same part fits both sides. <$2.00 @ vw parts vortex

Last edited:

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Great post which continues along the established path that the Aussies are much better educated in all things VW Golf than the rest of us.
Well.....technically "Angel Eyes" is a BMW nickname...never once heard it used in VW circles. Not that it matters to the problem.

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
Hey no problem! Always here to help keep the brands on their side of the fence. 😁

Happy to keep everyone better of.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Well.....technically "Angel Eyes" is a BMW nickname...never once heard it used in VW circles. Not that it matters to the problem.
@Karthoum: Hi. I too thank you for the invaluable contribution to the subject matter under discussion - only joking!!:cool:

Nevertheless and with absolutely no offense intended - I suspect that your contention that "angel-eyes" is a BMW centric-term might be greatly exaggerated!! ;)

I'm not sure but OP might have picked-up this term from my early post on this thread- so I feel obligated to defend my possibly heinous and unforgivable sin!!

But maybe not - I invite that you Goggle the search vector "VW Angel eye headlights" and note the sheer quantity of hits specifically related to VAG vehicles!! (I've been using this term for VW headlights for many years)

Don

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
I actually stumbled onto this thread researching for a buddy with the DRL failure. Dealer is jerking him around just replacing parts.

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Car(s)
21 GTI SE, 14 Cayman
@Karthoum: Hi. I too thank you for the invaluable contribution to the subject matter under discussion - only joking!!:cool:

Nevertheless and with absolutely no offense intended - I suspect that your contention that "angel-eyes" is a BMW centric-term might be greatly exaggerated!! ;)

I'm not sure but OP might have picked-up this term from my early post on this thread- so I feel obligated to defend my possibly heinous and unforgivable sin!!

But maybe not - I invite that you Goggle the search vector "VW Angel eye headlights" and note the sheer quantity of hits specifically related to VAG vehicles!! (I've been using this term for VW headlights for many years)

Don
So possibly the BMW side of the fence has adopted this as their own. 😂