GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Gear Springs (VW Zubehör by Mubea)

LeGti

Ready to race!
Getting DG springs fitted to my DCC Gti tomorrow, will post pics and height variation info here for future reference.

Would others with DG springs please post pics of their setup,

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

dc22

Ready to race!
Looking forward to pictures. Been looking for a drop less aggressive than the vwr springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeGti

Ready to race!
I'll upload pictures for sure. They will be low-quality cell phone pics but should be representative nonetheless.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Whoops, sorry, had forgotten there was already a DG spring thread. Moderator, would you please delete this one?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

LeGti

Ready to race!
Yes. And I'm pretty sure there is a problem.

Ordered the Zubehör springs at the dealership. Parts manager entered the car's VIN and the computer told him (so he says) to use the 5G4 071 677 C set. That's what went on the car.

Car now sits with significant rake and imo, the front springs are not hard enough. The suffix C set is rated at 930Kg. Much lower than the specified 1020Kg.

So, the question now is: to go with suffix D springs (rated at 1010, so 10 under spec), or with the 5G3 071 677 E springs which are rated at 1050.

Note, all three sets share the same rear specs, at 890Kg, an almost perfect match to the car's 880 spec.

Will be back with more info when the fronts are swapped.

Last edited:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Yes. And I'm pretty sure there is a problem.

Ordered the Zubehör springs at the dealership. Parts manager entered the car's VIN and the computer told him (so he says) to use the 5G4 071 677 C set. That's what went on the car.

Car nos sits with significant rake and imo, the front springs are not hard enough. The suffix C set is rated at 930Kg. Much lower than the specified 1020Kg.

So, the question now is: to go with suffix D springs (rated at 1010, so 10 under spec), or with the 5G3 071 677 E springs which are rated at 1050.

Note, all three sets share the same rear specs, at 890Kg, an almost perfect match to the car's 880 spec.

Will be back with more info when the fronts are swapped.

Interesting, I didn't' realize the DG's came in different flavors. I used suffix "E" on my regular North American 2015 Golf 1.8t and specs match what you stated for the E's (TUV shipment papers matched as well):
https://deutscheautoparts.com/5g4-071-677-e.html

I think you will like the 1050kg rated fronts much better. I'll stop back for updates:)

LeGti

Ready to race!
Yes, I'm leaning towards the 1050 front springs as well. Just praying there won't be any reverse rake.

The front DGs come in 1050, 1010 and 930Kg.
All the rears are 890, save for one part number (5G4 071 677 E - which is listed a not avaiable fo North America - an which is rated to 950).

The 890s in the back seem perfect and work very nicely with DCC.

Imo, the 930 front springs are too low and feel too soft. Large potholes get the dampers on their bumpstops too much.

The 1010s, suffix D, will hopefully have a slightly stiffer rate, while retaining good compliance for maximum traction.

LeGti

Ready to race!
Interesting, I didn't' realize the DG's came in different flavors. I used suffix "E" on my regular North American 2015 Golf 1.8t and specs match what you stated for the E's (TUV shipment papers matched as well):
https://deutscheautoparts.com/5g4-071-677-e.html

I think you will like the 1050kg rated fronts much better. I'll stop back for updates:)

Ok, now I'm intrigued: you have the 5G4 071 677 E springs on your car... Those are rated at 1050Kg front and 950Kg rear. That's way over spec, especially for the rear.

On the German Zubehör website, the 5G4...E is listed as not for US market... Could it be the Wagon's DG setup?

Regardless, how hard is the ride? Did it change noticeably from the stock setup?

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

PS, on the Zubehör box the springs come in, they state "progressive spring". To me they look linear...???

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Boomer - can you please take new pictures on level ground, from slightly further away? Thank you for posting the specific fender to ground drop measurement - this is very helpful!