GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Discover Pro MIB2 High (MIB2.5) and 9.2” display retrofit guide

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
No I have not tried that or know how to use it lol. I basically wanted to restore the head unit back to default then copy my settings from my factory stock radio unit coding.
Again, no experience with VCP but with ODIS you can create a backup and restore coding to a module. You can also load a dataset specific to a sound system to the 5F module (e.g., for Dynaudio or Fender). Both of these things may be possible with VCP, but I am not sure.

I am no audiophile by any means but the Sound Settings Editor does look interesting and I think there are instructions with a nice user interface if you want to explore that.

scaper28

Again, no experience with VCP but with ODIS you can create a backup and restore coding to a module. You can also load a dataset specific to a sound system to the 5F module (e.g., for Dynaudio or Fender). Both of these things may be possible with VCP, but I am not sure.

I am no audiophile by any means but the Sound Settings Editor does look interesting and I think there are instructions with a nice user interface if you want to explore that.
Thanks Brent ,

I will have a look at the sound settings editor , I am also using a helix subwoofer system which sounds ok but the bass does not seem as loud as it did with the original head unit

scaper28

Morning Brent

I meant to ask do your parking sensors work ok and show on the screen when you press the parking sensor button ?

After my 9.2inch retrofit mine are not working , At first I thought it may be the reverse camera as I know there is some glitch with the highline one, However I removed the reverse camera and coding this weekend and the parking sensors still did not work when I press the parking sensor button nor did they show up on the screen .

scaper28

The sensors have worked fine and activate when the button is pressed without issue. Have you checked the coding?

That is good to know but crappy for me as mine does not work when I press the button lol.

I think so would you mind telling me what adaptations to check with VCDS and I will check them over.

I was not sure if it was my gateway being a 2013 early MK7
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 F HW: 5Q0 907 530 F
Component: GW MQB High 125 1109

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That is good to know but crappy for me as mine does not work when I press the button lol.

I think so would you mind telling me what adaptations to check with VCDS and I will check them over.

I was not sure if it was my gateway being a 2013 early MK7
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 F HW: 5Q0 907 530 F
Component: GW MQB High 125 1109
I am unfortunately not familiar with gateway compatibility, so can't comment on that; however, here are the notes on coding for parking sensors I have (using OBDeleven, do you might need to translate to VCDS naming):

5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc → Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc over threshold high → Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function List CAN Gen2 → PDC audio lowering → Activated

scaper28

I am unfortunately not familiar with gateway compatibility, so can't comment on that; however, here are the notes on coding for parking sensors I have (using OBDeleven, do you might need to translate to VCDS naming):

5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc → Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function Adaptations Gen2 → Menu display pdc over threshold high → Activated
5F → Adaptations → Car Function List CAN Gen2 → PDC audio lowering → Activated

Thanks again for your help.

Sadly I have checked those three adaptations and they are correctly set on mine , its weird the parking sensors beep but just do not show on the screen , and also pressing the parking sensor button does not make it display on the screen either , the unit is CP patched could that be anything to do with it ? just throwing ideas out as I am stumped now.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks again for your help.

Sadly I have checked those three adaptations and they are correctly set on mine , its weird the parking sensors beep but just do not show on the screen , and also pressing the parking sensor button does not make it display on the screen either , the unit is CP patched could that be anything to do with it ? just throwing ideas out as I am stumped now.
I don't think a component protection patch will affect the functionality of the parking sensors. Did they work with the new MIB unit before you tried retrofitting a reverse camera, or is that unknown?

scaper28

I don't think a component protection patch will affect the functionality of the parking sensors. Did they work with the new MIB unit before you tried retrofitting a reverse camera, or is that unknown?
Typically that is unknown both the mib2.5 9inch and reverse camera was installed at the same time , it worked with my previous factory sat nav though.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Typically that is unknown both the mib2.5 9inch and reverse camera was installed at the same time , it worked with my previous factory sat nav though.
Hmm... quite the challenging situation. I am not sure the best course of action to recommend since I am unfamiliar with older module compatibility with MIB2 High. It's possible that it's a module issue since it does not appear that the coding changes to the 5F MIB module have helped, but it's difficult to know for sure.

scaper28

Hmm... quite the challenging situation. I am not sure the best course of action to recommend since I am unfamiliar with older module compatibility with MIB2 High. It's possible that it's a module issue since it does not appear that the coding changes to the 5F MIB module have helped, but it's difficult to know for sure.

I agree , I dont know if I should try to update my can gateway or try and have the mib2.5 reflashed / reset and start again myself.