GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I saw a thread from seatleon club (Mk3) forum.http://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?t=111469
Said use 5053 enter 44 steering assist →security access 19249→adaptation→driving profile swtichover→set "incremental controlled over time" to "direct controlled over".can increase acceleration response speed.but l don't have pbox,so maybe someone can find out is true or not...

Newbie here..2015 GTI DSG, Stage 1 Apr and trans....where do I find the place to enter these codes on the car?

Anyone have the specific software? Adapters? And directions on how to do this? Would like to try, but not familiar with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
This thread is bullshit...

...unless there's data to show otherwise, but there isn't.

Bullshit.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
But, have you tried it?

I tried it, didn't do squat (I don't have driving mode options). My understanding (could be wrong) is that this mod just modifies the feel of the transition between driving modes-- instant versus gradual, but doesn't actually changes the characteristic of any mode.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
For my car it made a huge difference down low. It also has not affected my MPG. I actually now find my self riding in a lower gear longer now since the car has more power down low which is fine since I have a very strong clutch, but I do have DCC and LSD if anyone is thinking that matters.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
just coming in hot there aye? lol

Haha, maybe so, but there is absolutely no data in this thread, just a bunch of folks saying "i think" or "feels like" - and some of them who thought there was an effect changed their mind!

I'd wager there is a strong inverse correlation between perceived effect and the product of age and experience ;)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Haha, maybe so, but there is absolutely no data in this thread, just a bunch of folks saying "i think" or "feels like" - and some of them who thought there was an effect changed their mind!

I'd wager there is a strong inverse correlation between perceived effect and the product of age and experience ;)

So why not try it and see (or not) for yourself? [emoji1303]

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So I've been waiting to post this ever since I tried this , because i wanted to log and test it's validity.

This tweak has nothing to do with the way in which the throttle opens or the way in which a commanded load value is read by the ecu. I logged throttle position, load value, requested vs body position, etc. And saw absolutely no difference. I think it has something to do with the driving modes or quite possibly the way in which the ecu adapts load value to relative pedal positioning (via time on a percentage down by the pedal vs. a linear approach) but I don't think so..

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
So why not try it and see (or not) for yourself? [emoji1303]
Or better yet he should try it and gather data to benefit us as a community.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
this is what the OBDeleven APP says for me
toogle accelerator response to "direct control" to get a more linear response of the gas pedal.

and that is exactly what I feel it did. So not sure if people are doing it correctly or not, but could be different based on other tweaks made to the car.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
this is what the OBDeleven APP says for me
toogle accelerator response to "direct control" to get a more linear response of the gas pedal.

and that is exactly what I feel it did. So not sure if people are doing it correctly or not, but could be different based on other tweaks made to the car.

I'm on obd11 right now. Under the steering adaptation where is that little summary about what it does? It just shows the options of adaptation like everything else on there..?

It's quite possible that people are using two different coding adaptations. The original steering module one and then the one through the obd11 apps. Are we sure it's the same thing? Because what you describe sounds like an APP, not a direct adaptation..