GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Protuning - Dyno / E-Tune / 3rd Party OTS

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
I didn't know Cobb did protunes themselves. So they have a subsidiary or something that does this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

COBB has a handful of shops around the country, with in house dynos/tuning abilities. The COBB Plano location is very close to me, I believe it was the COBB Plano location that was used to map/dyno the OTS tunes for the accessport. They also have, I guess you'd call them subsidiary locations, that they consider authorized COBB tuners, but they are not the actual COBB company.

Here is a link that you can use to locate the COBB dealers/protuners:

https://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers//

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Actually there are no more cobb retail locations they've all been sold to the managers and rebranded as cobb got out of the retail Market
COBB has a handful of shops around the country, with in house dynos/tuning abilities. The COBB Plano location is very close to me, I believe it was the COBB Plano location that was used to map/dyno the OTS tunes for the accessport. They also have, I guess you'd call them subsidiary locations, that they consider authorized COBB tuners, but they are not the actual COBB company.

Here is a link that you can use to locate the COBB dealers/protuners:

https://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers//

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Actually there are no more cobb retail locations they've all been sold to the managers and rebranded as cobb got out of the retail Market

I was just noticing that the Plano location is now referred to as "Growler Motor Labs" so that makes sense.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys. I'd checked that site and didn't see any corporate locations. Makes perfect sense now. Thought I was losing it there. ;)

5150: what's an e-tune run?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Definitely the most logical choice. Haven't seen anyone mention actually getting protuned by COBB. Curious as to how it will compare to the others considering the OTS maps are rather weak by comparison to other "box tunes". I guess if for no other reason I should do it to provide another comparison protune.

There are several Protuned mk7 GTI out there, mine included. Search around the dedicated Cobb forums and you will see the info and charts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Anyone in here have the MAPperformance Stage 1 and want to share their thoughts?

I have the MAP stage 1 93 OCT tune and I love it. It pulls pretty hard but it's not as aggressive as APR tune. Feels more linear in power. I have a friend with APR stage 1 and the cars are pretty even.

teemmy

Ready to race!
I had the MAP performance stage 2 map in the past and I really enjoyed it. The car felt pretty strong except I threw underboost codes in low RPMs a few times. I decided to go for an is38 and had it protuned and now the car is a different animal. The power is almost unusable and it makes me want to head out to the track to see how it really does. I'm sure a protuned stage 2 would be really nice as well but the power up top with the is38 feels really nice. Here's a copy of my dyno after the car was protuned

the first is a simulated mustang dyno on 91oct

mattd502

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info guys how long does it take to flash between the stock sim map and MAP stage 1 after the initial Cobb install?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Anyone in here have the MAPperformance Stage 1 and want to share their thoughts?

I have the MAP stage 1 93 OCT tune and I love it. It pulls pretty hard but it's not as aggressive as APR tune. Feels more linear in power. I have a friend with APR stage 1 and the cars are pretty even.

Originally had APR stage 1 on my car, then picked up an AP through Map and ran both the stage 1 and 2 files, now I have 5150 tuning on my cars AP.

Running the MAP files were a big difference from stock and they are nice to have because they came free with the AP when i bought it from them, but the MAP files are no where near as strong as APR.

5150 feels to be more in line with APR. This is just by the butt dyno right now, I already have an APR dyno and will be doing a 5150 dyno once all the tuning is complete and compare the two.

TL/DR

MAP<APR/5150
APR stage 1~5150 Tuning

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Originally had APR stage 1 on my car, then picked up an AP through Map and ran both the stage 1 and 2 files, now I have 5150 tuning on my cars AP.

Running the MAP files were a big difference from stock and they are nice to have because they came free with the AP when i bought it from them, but the MAP files are no where near as strong as APR.

5150 feels to be more in line with APR. This is just by the butt dyno right now, I already have an APR dyno and will be doing a 5150 dyno once all the tuning is complete and compare the two.

TL/DR

MAP<APR/5150
APR stage 2<5150 Tuning

Let me fix that for you. APR Stage 2<5150 Tuning. Confirmed on video by me 5 times. :)

slowgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am currently stuck between eurodyne stage 2 vs COBB protune from either 5150 or stratified but I am worried the protune won't be aggressive and I will end up loosing power/torque.