GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Protuning - Dyno / E-Tune / 3rd Party OTS

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Thinking about making the switch from my UM tuned CTS boss 500 kit, anyone else with this kit make the switch? I'm considering 5150 e-tune, and after some research realized I'm less than 2 hours away from snail performance (protune) what do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
go with who knows more especially on a CTS kit
its not an OTS map adaptation

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
done a bunch of hybrids
theyre pretty easy once you know how the system works
Modeled turbo power/etc
Good to hear, I feel like there is a lot of power left on the table with this kit on my car currently, I think in the right hands I could make a lot more power

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear, I feel like there is a lot of power left on the table with this kit on my car currently, I think in the right hands I could make a lot more power

Realistically I think you will hit fueling limits before you max the kit though. Unless you have fueling upgrades that is.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
Realistically I think you will hit fueling limits before you max the kit though. Unless you have fueling upgrades that is.
Yes, I realize that, but when I told my tuners my elevation, rather than making adjustments for my specific conditions they just put me on a low boost file, which just doesn't sound right to me. So in order to change it I've got to either buy the $300 cable or drive 4 hours and pay labor to have them change it, but then I'd be at a low elevation so I'd have no accurate idea to how the car is running.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I realize that, but when I told my tuners my elevation, rather than making adjustments for my specific conditions they just put me on a low boost file, which just doesn't sound right to me. So in order to change it I've got to either buy the $300 cable or drive 4 hours and pay labor to have them change it, but then I'd be at a low elevation so I'd have no accurate idea to how the car is running.

Wow that blows....

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
That's not exactly true. Ever car knocks. That's why they have knock sensors. Fuel quality, high IAT's, pot holes, lose clamps, bolts, rattling etc can all cause knock to appear. With that being said, we will be revising all MK7 tunes in the next month or two. I will be posting in our tuning threads once they are released.

Have there been any updates on any protuners? I have heard MAPs OTS have been showing up wit knocks?

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
That's not exactly true. Ever car knocks. That's why they have knock sensors. Fuel quality, high IAT's, pot holes, lose clamps, bolts, rattling etc can all cause knock to appear. With that being said, we will be revising all MK7 tunes in the next month or two. I will be posting in our tuning threads once they are released.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the update.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Have there been any updates on any protuners? I have heard MAPs OTS have been showing up wit knocks?

I can vouch for Ian and MAP, I’ve been running their stage 1 tune since January of last year and currently on v2.2 which I believe is the latest file with 0 issues or hiccups. No issues with knock on my end. Can’t wait to see what the revised tunes will feel like ;)

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
I can vouch for Ian and MAP, I’ve been running their stage 1 tune since January of last year and currently on v2.2 which I believe is the latest file with 0 issues or hiccups. No issues with knock on my end. Can’t wait to see what the revised tunes will feel like ;)

Are you running the 93 maps?

mj8807

Ready to race!
Excited for this! I am running v2 (stage 1) and happy thus far but I am certainly ready for more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk