GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
And I prefer my sleeper than my car sounding like lawn mower. My opinion.

Anyone else care to share theirs so the thread can either die or go back to topic?

Lol

Northy8

Passed Driver's Ed
Can we simplify things here lads
Can I order a cs muffler and make it fit my existing Gti pipe work
Or do I have to order a resonator and muffler cs
Plus what clips/joiners do I need
Also are we doing it just for the 90 mm tailpipes or will it defo sound better on the over run etc
Thanks

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Can we simplify things here lads
Can I order a cs muffler and make it fit my existing Gti pipe work
Or do I have to order a resonator and muffler cs
Plus what clips/joiners do I need
Also are we doing it just for the 90 mm tailpipes or will it defo sound better on the over run etc
Thanks

Can connect CS muffler to GTI with a reducer. Something like in post 1213.

No need to order CS res as well.

We have heard the CS res/muffler on a GTI. But not the CS muffler with stock GTI res.

It's unclear if the CS res makes an audible difference. I'd bet that it doesn't change things much, if at all.

It's unclear if the CS muffler alone sounds different than the CSS muffler alone. Again, I'd bet that it doesn't.

Hope that helps.

Northy8

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers for the info my friend
I reckon I will order the cs muffler and I need a reducer to join it to my Gti system
Have we a part number or link to eBay to the reducer I need please
I guess I need 1k0253141AA clip
The cs muffler 5G6253609AN

nype

Drag Racing Champion
He has a opinion of what he likes and doesn't like... How is that trolling?

Just because he doesn't like it and has stated over and over again that he doesn't like it he's a troll because he doesn't agree with the majority of the thread?

Quietly ordering 1 of each (CS and CSS) with plans to flip them locally, all the while slagging the products. Could be seen as an effort to have people cancel their orders so that his goes through. My $0.02. Either way it's suspicious.

Would you not consider that trolling?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Cheers for the info my friend
I reckon I will order the cs muffler and I need a reducer to join it to my Gti system
Have we a part number or link to eBay to the reducer I need please
I guess I need 1k0253141AA clip
The cs muffler 5G6253609AN

That's the right CS muffler part number.

Not sure about that clamp part number. But you just need a 65 mm to 60 mm reducer. If having an exhaust shop install, I'm sure they'd have a generic one.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/311697938554

I'd personally look at a clamp style vs a weld on one for ease of swapping the stock muffler back on if you need to for whatever reason.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

Just because he doesn't like it and has stated over and over again that he doesn't like it he's a troll because he doesn't agree with the majority of the thread?

For that matter I actually agree with him when the CSS muffler is paired with a aftermarket downpipe. I want something that's subtle with a aftermarket downpipe and doesn't drone on the highway. When I go WOT on the back roads I would like a bit more of a roar vs scream. Very few exhausts mesh with the sound that I'm going for.

That's not what makes him a troll.

Through this thread he has been straight up irritating and trying to get a response.

He then became intentionally rude/crude to one member to draw a response, which is when members labeled him a troll.

It's clear from his posts that he isn't interested in the muffler anymore and he told another member in here that if he heard the exhaust in person he would laugh at the Members face.

It's one thing not to like something but it's another to say that.

It's so silly and ridiculous that he would say that, much like someone would say when they are just trying to get a rise out of someone.

In real life I doubt he would be so rude and bold, however this is the Internet.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes that clamp number was when I ordered a css muffler
Will look on eBay for a 60-65mm pipe as I live in the uk
Thanks

Ok right. Ya that CSS clamp would be 65mm to 65mm. Not what you need for the CS.

The eBay listing I posted is a seller in Germany. Price is shown in pounds. But likely many other cheaper generic options out there.

Are you switching your order to a CS muffler then? If I recall, you cancelled your CSS order.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
If you car's till under warranty get the OE VW clamp as it looks more stock.

Hey BB...but what do you recommend for those of us contemplating a CS muffler?

Do you know if there is an OEM 65mm to 60mm reducer?

MattB1

Ready to race!

Troll

One who purposely and deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up....

Northy8

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes cancelled my original order of my css as I don't believe they will ever come in
Would that 65mm clamp not clamp up enough to squeeze it up to 60mm
The link you put up is indeed a German link so no probs getting it
I think I understand it better now get a cs muffler and that 65-60 reducer is needed and clamp it together using exhaust clamps and that's it job done
Why on earth vw changed the clubsport diameter is madness as it's a de tuned golf r engine really

MattB1

Ready to race!
Yes cancelled my original order of my css as I don't believe they will ever come in
Would that 65mm clamp not clamp up enough to squeeze it up to 60mm
The link you put up is indeed a German link so no probs getting it
I think I understand it better now get a cs muffler and that 65-60 reducer is needed and clamp it together using exhaust clamps and that's it job done
Why on earth vw changed the clubsport diameter is madness as it's a de tuned golf r engine really

You need something like this, with 2 u clamps

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311748605495

I think the only reason VW reduced the diameter of the CS pipework was so they could say the CSS had a bigger exhaust, just a marketing ploy....

Northy8

Passed Driver's Ed
Cheers matt
So it's defo 55-65mm as per your link
Or as other link stated 60-65mm
Just need confirmation on which to order please

Status
Not open for further replies.