GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
If we can assume that the differences, if any, between CSS/CS mufflers and CSS/GTI resonators are negligible for comparison's sake, then the only outliers are the NA/ROW engines and the CS resonator. Only way to further narrow this down would be for some in NA to get the same CS setup to compare.

I don't find feher's setup to be quite as offensive. Therefore I can assume that the CS resonator helps with the exhaust note on non-clubsport/s cars. We have to remember that clubsport/s cars have different ECU map, specifically tuned along with the clubsport exhaust systems to create the nice sounds it has. GTI of course lacks this, and as a result does not sound as good even with a CSS muffler. A stock GTI sounds better than with a CSS muffler tacked on, to my ears.

But I guess if you are in the camp of people to love fart cars and the ricey sound, then you probably can't distinguish this anyway. For those with more discerning tastes, there are definitely better options.

You are very specific in what you do not like.
I am asking what muffler set up you like and sounds best?
Please suggest as I am curious what sounds good to you.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Just go back a few pages and read my posts. No need to repeat what I've stated and expounded on many times already to spam this thread.

If I heard a GTI with a CSS muffler on the road, I would laugh in your face. But it is your car, not mine. You are free to do with it as you wish.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Just go back a few pages and read my posts. No need to repeat what I've stated and expounded on many times already to spam this thread.

If I heard a GTI with a CSS muffler on the road, I would laugh in your face. But it is your car, not mine. You are free to do with it as you wish.
Would you now? Glad I have your permission to mod as I see fit. Thank goodness.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Would you now? Glad I have your permission to mod as I see fit. Thank goodness.

He would laugh in your face!

lol, what a silly thing to say. At this point he is just trolling.

These exhaust clips online taken by the common man normally doesn't do the actual exhaust sound any favors. It really helps to have the right recording equipment, less compression and proper headphones to get something close to reality.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
He has been trolling all along. Come on guys. Just leave him alone.

Vincenz

Ready to race!

I have not seen any evidence showing how it DOESN'T sound bad. On the other hand, I have done nothing but state specifically why it sounds like garbage to me. Hit the back button and read.

If anything, you are the one trolling me. To each their own.

MattB1

Ready to race!
I just noticed that the first photo of this thread shows a muffler with a sticker that says "Made in Spain" on it, mine, identical sticker and parts tag, said "Made in Germany". It was also very fresh looking.

Did yours have anything on the sticker to suggest the date it was made? Mine had 20161212, which I guess means 12/12/2016...

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I just noticed that the first photo of this thread shows a muffler with a sticker that says "Made in Spain" on it, mine, identical sticker and parts tag, said "Made in Germany". It was also very fresh looking.

Did yours have anything on the sticker to suggest the date it was made? Mine had 20161212, which I guess means 12/12/2016...

Mine also said made in Spain. I know I took the sticker off when I polished it up before installing, but I can't find the shipping paperwork I stuck it to at the moment lol. I'd imagine it was from the same batch as Matt's though.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

So Remus?
4 pipe?

My only issue with that is I do not want 4 pipes.
Four pipes is what the R design is and I have a GTI.
I know Remus makes a 2 pipe but I question if sound is better than most.
The Remus muffler is smaller than stock and I think smaller does not have as rich a sound unless stock resonator is left in place.

I think we forget the sound of a 4 cylinder does not change as much from one type to another. To most non GTI, R and Golf owners they just sound like a 4 cylinder. So to call one ricer is not worth much as to most they are all ricer on a 4 cylinder.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
So Remus?

4 pipe?

The Remus muffler is smaller than stock and I think smaller does not have as rich a sound unless stock resonator is left in place.

I think we forget the sound of a 4 cylinder does not change as much from one type to another. To most non GTI, R and Golf owners they just sound like a 4 cylinder. So to call one ricer is not worth much as to most they are all ricer on a 4 cylinder.

Stop engaging him Sandman

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Again, I'm sorry you feel offended about the way your car sounds. I think it sounds like crap and there are much better options, but hey I'm just repeating myself here. Carry on.
Your last two posts replying to the question of what exhausts you like could have been answered much faster and with fewer words than you chose to say. Heck you could have quoted yourself.

Answer like this and you won't come across as a snob or troll:

Example of exhausts that I like...
-AWE touring
-Neuspeed
-Billy Boat
-Milltek
-VWR

VWR is actually my favorite one of the bunch for sound.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
So Remus?

4 pipe?

Agree and disagree. To a certain extent the sound of a 4 cylinder can probably only be tuned to a certain degree and we can all agree that a v6 or a v8 will mostly sound "better".

On the other hand I think an R sounds better than a GTI, and a clubsport better than an R, so there can definitely be comparisons made. I cannot speak to how much a 4 pipe or 2 pipe can affect sound. My guess is not much if all else is the same. But that is definitely a better question for Remus engineers.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
He has a opinion of what he likes and doesn't like... How is that trolling?

Just because he doesn't like it and has stated over and over again that he doesn't like it he's a troll because he doesn't agree with the majority of the thread?

For that matter I actually agree with him when the CSS muffler is paired with a aftermarket downpipe. I want something that's subtle with a aftermarket downpipe and doesn't drone on the highway. When I go WOT on the back roads I would like a bit more of a roar vs scream. Very few exhausts mesh with the sound that I'm going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.