GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
If I couldn't have got the CSS muffler, I would have bought the CS one. The descison to go CSS over CS was mainly based on the fact the pipe matched the GTI, so for that reason alone it was the logical choice.

But don't let a slight reduction in the pipe put you off, it's only a fraction of the overall length of the system. But if it bothers you could get a bigger pipe made and welded on the muffler, cut the pipe off the stock GTI suitcase and weld that on, or rather than cut the pipe in the usual position you could cut the stock pipe passed the elbow, close to the stock muffler, leaving only a 2 or 3 inch stub on the stock suitcase and then cut the CS muffler pipe to suit.

If you have an existing order for a CSS muffler you are in a pretty good position to ask for a decent discount on a CS one, which are a bit cheaper to start with.

There is every chance the end result will be the same, but if it turns out to be slightly quieter than the CSS, then you can do the split pipe res bypass, or delete the res completely in the usual way.

Another thing, if the CS muffler turns out to be a little quieter than the CSS, it could turn out to be the one to have, if you have a dp or plan to get one in the future.

All good advice Adam. If I go CS muffler I will just reduce it where it's cut. I agree that it really can't make that much difference. Likely none at all.

And I'm sure it could be resold to someone local with a DP, if it doesn't sound as expected. Good call.

I'm expecting Natalja to give me availability and pricing later tonight for the CS.

As I said, cars245 only gave me a "should be available". Bugging them for more details as well.

Vincenz

Ready to race!

I'm planning on getting these. Found them on the Remus EU site. Awaiting Mike's reply.

Do let us know the price if you find out..

I'm going to start poking around on eBay etc.

Would they be 3" diameter inlet for the tips?

I wish I could tell you exactly, but someone else would know more than me.

The Remus systems sound sick, even more so than CSS imo, but would be good to get some real recordings on a GTI with everything else stock.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Will let you know but they will be more than $213 as I asked for a quote with the "cheapest" tips initially.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wasn't me! Hahaha

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
We can use this one for everything Remus: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9841

Not sure who the heck brought up Remus in this CSS thread anyway. Sheesh.

The fat lady has not sung yet but she is warming up.
Plus she still has my money.
There are other options that visually look similar but I liked the rumble pop of the CSS exhaust. Find something like that and we might have a local option.
I wonder if an extra resonator tube helps this?
The CSS sounds like the exhaust has to run around more before coming out while the R_ _ _S sounds more straight pipe.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
The fat lady has not sung yet but she is warming up.
Plus she still has my money.
There are other options that visually look similar but I liked the rumble pop of the CSS exhaust. Find something like that and we might have a local option.
I wonder if an extra resonator tube helps this?
The CSS sounds like the exhaust has to run around more before coming out while the R_ _ _S sounds more straight pipe.
The "still has my money" part is all I would concerned with. Unless someone has gotten a straight answer from either vendor on if their orders will be honored or not.

If they were in fact waiting for orders to tapper, and VW VIN locked it before they submitted an order themselves, hate to say it but that would be a low odds situation. For getting a muffler that is, I don't see them screwing you guys out of money. Man, I hope.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
The "still has my money" part is all I would concerned with. Unless someone has gotten a straight answer from either vendor on if their orders will be honored or not.

If they were in fact waiting for orders to tapper, and VW VIN locked it before they submitted an order themselves, hate to say it but that would be a low odds situation. For getting a muffler that is, I don't see them screwing you guys out of money. Man, I hope.

Thru pay pal so I think ok but never know.
As long as it has been I am hoping that they placed an order with the manufacturer before the VIN lock and maybe one last order will be filled.
Would not think a standing order would be voided after the fact but then again!
What would be gained by limiting sales of a part such as exhaust? Unless manufacturing is so tight it affects other needed parts for say 7.5 production.

Northy8

Passed Driver's Ed
Emailed cars245 to ask if 23rd march was still on
Explained that it was mentioned that vw vin lock
No answer
Strange as they are normally fast at replying

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Thru pay pal so I think ok but never know.
As long as it has been I am hoping that they placed an order with the manufacturer before the VIN lock and maybe one last order will be filled.
Would not think a standing order would be voided after the fact but then again!
What would be gained by limiting sales of a part such as exhaust? Unless manufacturing is so tight it affects other needed parts for say 7.5 production.

VW has VIN locked "special" parts in the past. I believe they did this with the side skirts for the R32 after Mk5 GTI guys started ordering them much like us with the CSS muffler.

VW is in the business of selling whole cars, not necessarily upgraded parts. Many of the parts listed are priced for dealers/shops/repairs rather than retail after-sales - the margins just aren't there on a larger scale. Also keep in mind that VW don't actually make most of these parts themselves - they have vendors and suppliers that manufacture them based on pre-determined production runs, etc.

Sure, it's not ideal for us OEM+ enthusiasts, but these parts aren't being made with us in mind like an aftermarket company would do.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I asked both cars245 and e-acca about sourcing the CS muffler. No response from either of them, overnight.

I asked e-acca about the VIN lock situation as well. As I said, no response from them.

I expect I will hear back tonight.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Emailed cars245 to ask if 23rd march was still on
Explained that it was mentioned that vw vin lock
No answer
Strange as they are normally fast at replying

Same thing here.

I sent an email yesterday asking if the March 23rd date was still viable and it's been crickets.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know somebody in Riga, Latvia that can go knocking on some doors?

[emoji1320][emoji41]

Status
Not open for further replies.