GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Has someone asked Mike about a group buy on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smart man.

Hammersticks? :)

I'd be interested in a group buy on the resonated axle back with the connector tube (seems to be a requirement). No tips.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't see an option online to order without tips. If they'll do that, then win. Time to talk to the wifey...lol.

Yea I just assumed since they give you an option of different tips they should have an option not to get tips lol. But Mike is really helpful so I'm sure he can work something out for you.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Smart man.

Hammersticks? :)

I'd be interested in a group buy on the resonated axle back with the connector tube (seems to be a requirement). No tips.

I asked him earlier but he told me just to have people contact him directly. He did give me pricing for just the muffler/connection tube though. He will sell it that way. (And yes you need the connection tube.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB1

Ready to race!
If I couldn't have got the CSS muffler, I would have bought the CS one. The descison to go CSS over CS was mainly based on the fact the pipe matched the GTI, so for that reason alone it was the logical choice.

But don't let a slight reduction in the pipe put you off, it's only a fraction of the overall length of the system. But if it bothers you could get a bigger pipe made and welded on the muffler, cut the pipe off the stock GTI suitcase and weld that on, or rather than cut the pipe in the usual position you could cut the stock pipe passed the elbow, close to the stock muffler, leaving only a 2 or 3 inch stub on the stock suitcase and then cut the CS muffler pipe to suit.

If you have an existing order for a CSS muffler you are in a pretty good position to ask for a decent discount on a CS one, which are a bit cheaper to start with.

There is every chance the end result will be the same, but if it turns out to be slightly quieter than the CSS, then you can do the split pipe res bypass, or delete the res completely in the usual way.

Another thing, if the CS muffler turns out to be a little quieter than the CSS, it could turn out to be the one to have, if you have a dp or plan to get one in the future.

MattB1

Ready to race!
Of course front rotors and brake pads, though VW will offer these as option on the R soon.
The big plus is, they very most certainly can't VIN lock :p

That's good news, it would have been frustrating to have to switch back to the stock discs/rotors in the future if they had decided to lock them :D

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Remus sounds nice from the few clips on YouTube. Any tips around that resemble oem vw that could install ok with it?

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu

I'm planning on getting these. Found them on the Remus EU site. Awaiting Mike's reply.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

I'm planning on getting these. Found them on the Remus EU site. Awaiting Mike's reply.

Mike can supply these. They were one of the tip options that he listed for me. Along with the other 3 tip styles on the remususa site.

Part number is 0026-70s

I didn't ask for a price.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Remus sounds nice from the few clips on YouTube. Any tips around that resemble oem vw that could install ok with it?

I'm going to start poking around on eBay etc.

Would they be 3" diameter inlet for the tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.