GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have a set of winter or even all seasons for sale?
I really dont care about cosmetic damage on the wheels, as long as they arent bent or cracked I'm interested.

17's or 18s would be fine

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I’m back in the area for work and have the next few weekends off. I’m staying down in Ottawa for work but will be back up in the Elgin area on weekends if any of you guys are around or want an extra hand on a car related project.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I checked out a mk1 GTI in Addison tonight. Going back to look at it this coming Saturday.
Does anyone have a bbs center lock tool I could borrow? Has some what look to be RSO43s and I want to see if they’re real.
@jay745 ?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I checked out a mk1 GTI in Addison tonight. Going back to look at it this coming Saturday.
Does anyone have a bbs center lock tool I could borrow? Has some what look to be RSO43s and I want to see if they’re real.
@jay745 ?
I don't have one sorry

Frognutz

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI 2.0
Yes, you can do it yourself.
BUT you have to buy the UniConnect+ cable from Unitronic & they'll lock/attach it to your VIN so you can flash between whatever files you want at home.
Do you lilke the uniconnect, whats your honest opinion?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I got a better look at the mk1 in Addison. The undercarriage is torn up. All the pinch welds are smasher and there is more than surface rust. Maybe a $5k with today’s prices. I’m not looking for that kind of project.
I did however find a mk2 GTI out towards Davenport I may go look at.
IMG_4031.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
No go on the mk2. It was a cool trip as the guys had a shop full of vintage Farmall Tractors that were mint.
IMG_4047.jpeg

I try to stay off the highway as much as possible during roads trips. Would have missed this place in the town of Hollawayville, population 50.

IMG_4055.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
@Treadup My in laws live near Ottawa, they're in Marseilles. If you're still in town, you should go a little further west and go to Rips Tavern in Ladd for their Fried Chicken. It's worth the trip and hassle of cash only dining experience.

https://www.ripschicken.com/
I left there a few weeks back but I drive through Marseilles on the way to work. I’ll check it out next time. Thanks