GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all tuners: Cobb Green Speed. What will we need to comply?

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Hi tuners, just wanted some clarity this new development by the EPA. For future big/hybrid turbo cars, what will we need in terms of parts to avoid codes on pro tunes? Thank you!

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
I'm very curios about how this will impact EQT, SneekyTune, etc.
I've read there was next to no communicate from Cobb to it's dealers. I'm assuming this will have some impact on the ability for any tuner using an Accessport to provide any tune.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Either the stock downpipe or a downpipe that is as or more efficient.

To the best of my knowledge the only people who still make aftermarket downpipes efficient enough are @GTI Jake (Baun Performance) and Bull-X (the euro-6 compliant one not the 200 cell one).

My Neuspeed downpipe hasn't thrown any codes (yet) but they don't sell those anymore.

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
I'm curious about catless DPs since I have one, and how those will be handled in pro tunes if I live in Florida. Will I need to buy a catted one for a new pro tune?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I'm curious about catless DPs since I have one, and how those will be handled in pro tunes if I live in Florida. Will I need to buy a catted one for a new pro tune?
Kinda sounds like you're either gonna have to deal with the MIL being on constantly or start playing with spacers.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Either the stock downpipe or a downpipe that is as or more efficient.

To the best of my knowledge the only people who still make aftermarket downpipes efficient enough are @GTI Jake (Baun Performance) and Bull-X (the euro-6 compliant one not the 200 cell one).

My Neuspeed downpipe hasn't thrown any codes (yet) but they don't sell those anymore.
You are running an old EQT tune as well.

Choices are as follows:
GESI downpipe: COBB makes one as well
Try your luck with a spacer
Stock DP

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
You are running an old EQT tune as well.
I checked using OBD11 for faults. I could run a catless downpipe with my current (old) EQT tune and I don't think it will throw a light since that's disabled, but the code is still stored.

I live in an emissions state so I'm paranoid about this. I don't want to play the lets swap downpipes game every year around inspection time.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I checked using OBD11 for faults. I could run a catless downpipe with my current (old) EQT tune and I don't think it will throw a light since that's disabled, but the code is still stored.

I live in an emissions state so I'm paranoid about this. I don't want to play the lets swap downpipes game every year around inspection time.
45min game. Not terrible.

SaiiBoost

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Just got the last GESI MAPerformance downpipe, lmao :D
1650602626438.png