GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I was reading on the 1st page about a possible release of an "autotune" in the future. IS that something that is still in the works? I know part of the fun with a JB unit is dialing it in to your car's specific personality, but a smart, constantly calculating tune would be pretty sweet.

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahhh! South Dakota appears to be 91 octane country! I was hoping to find some long flat roads here. How big of a difference does 91 vs 93 make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Ahhh! South Dakota appears to be 91 octane country! I was hoping to find some long flat roads here. How big of a difference does 91 vs 93 make?

Depends but like 10-20 HP probably

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Currently peaking at 21 psi at 4000 to 4500 , I got a downpipe recently with 94 octane , how much more can I push also can I make it peak at 5000 rpm now?

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends but like 10-20 HP probably

Ug. Waaaay too much. Seems like map 1 was the right choice.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
I was reading on the 1st page about a possible release of an "autotune" in the future. IS that something that is still in the works? I know part of the fun with a JB unit is dialing it in to your car's specific personality, but a smart, constantly calculating tune would be pretty sweet.

I emailed george about this he said its a future update, actually the next firmware update.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

No E85 near you?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Currently peaking at 21 psi at 4000 to 4500 , I got a downpipe recently with 94 octane , how much more can I push also can I make it peak at 5000 rpm now?

Your at 21 psi with the downpipe or without? Either way I'm guessing it's too much. Your timing is probably taking a big hit. I ran downpipe with both 93 and e30. On the 93, anything higher than a 19psi peak would cause more timing loss that. The boost was worth. Do you have a log to share?

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
So George suggested I try Map 6, just like Diggs did.

He told me to use these settings, which are similar to Gro Harlems settings.

1500 11
2000 12
2500 13
3000 13
3500 14
4000 15
4500 16
5000 15
5500 13
6000 13
6500 12
7000 12

This is the same tank of fuel I was on earlier in the week when I was having the Map 2 issues.

Here is tonight's first log on Map 6 with the settings above:

https://datazap.me/u/stuntnuts/map-6-10-14-1?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-14-18

Here is the second log from tonight, about 5-10 minutes later:

https://datazap.me/u/stuntnuts/map-6-10-14-2?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-14-18

I think everything looks much better than it did on Map 2, but Boost is still not hitting Target, although much closer than it did at the upper RPM range on Map2.

Thoughts?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Your boost is looking better, but you have a ton of timing correction in those logs, even getting above 2 degrees in both of them. To me that looks like a really bad batch of fuel or something else causing the engine to see false knock, but it definitely doesn't seem right for such low boost.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
So George suggested I try Map 6, just like Diggs did.

He told me to use these settings, which are similar to Gro Harlems settings.

1500 11
2000 12
2500 13
3000 13
3500 14
4000 15
4500 16
5000 15
5500 13
6000 13
6500 12
7000 12

This is the same tank of fuel I was on earlier in the week when I was having the Map 2 issues.

Here is tonight's first log on Map 6 with the settings above:

https://datazap.me/u/stuntnuts/map-6-10-14-1?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-14-18

Here is the second log from tonight, about 5-10 minutes later:

https://datazap.me/u/stuntnuts/map-6-10-14-2?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-14-18

I think everything looks much better than it did on Map 2, but Boost is still not hitting Target, although much closer than it did at the upper RPM range on Map2.

Thoughts?

Your ignition1 took so many hits, try to lower the boost at that rpm about 0.5

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

Logs looking better than I thought it would. That’s on the stock downpipe? Your timing is taking a wack at the peak boost areas. Your down 4-5 degrees of what stock is at that area. Mostly in the 3,500-4,500 area. By 5,000 it really starts to come back pretty strong. I’m actually really surprised how much boost you can make and how well you follow target. I think you said you have 94 octane. That must be some incredible fuel. That’s close to e30 numbers it’s producing. I didn’t look through all of the logs, but do you have a baseline map 4 to see the stock timing advance?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Logs looking better than I thought it would. That’s on the stock downpipe? Your timing is taking a wack at the peak boost areas. Your down 4-5 degrees of what stock is at that area. Mostly in the 3,500-4,500 area. By 5,000 it really starts to come back pretty strong. I’m actually really surprised how much boost you can make and how well you follow target. I think you said you have 94 octane. That must be some incredible fuel. That’s close to e30 numbers it’s producing. I didn’t look through all of the logs, but do you have a baseline map 4 to see the stock timing advance?

I saw in another thread that he is installed a catless DP. The log names are DP1, DP2 etc., so I'm pretty sure this is with the DP and not before.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I saw in another thread that he is installed a catless DP. The log names are DP1, DP2 etc., so I'm pretty sure this is with the DP and not before.

That would then explain a lot. I was around 19 to 19.5 max with the downpipe and 93. My timing was up a bit more in the midrange though