GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
My logs from today with new plugs look the same as always. Ign1 does a steady rise, crossing 10 at 4800 and peaking at 12.5.

Thoughts on meth:
Its 77 degrees where I am

Non heat soaked 3rd gear run my IAT starts at 116, dips to 109 and ends at 111.

With current meth setup, IAT starts at 116 dips to 77 and ends at 87. Trims are lower too as fuel is being added.

If I hold just enough boost to engage meth flow, but keep load low, IAT goes down 56f(77f today).

So it looks like a could benefit from a larger nozzle.

If I go with a bigger nozzle I'll get lower temps through the range, but I'll choke the car out at lower RPM.

So it's time for failsafe box and control using JB4.

Good stuff, thanks for the updates. That cooling is amazing!

P.S. I lol'ed when I first read "Thoughts on meth"

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
So, whats the best map to run with Map 6. I was using someones i found at the first start of this thread and hitting around 16-18PSI max in 3rd outside temp being almost 90

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
So, whats the best map to run with Map 6. I was using someones i found at the first start of this thread and hitting around 16-18PSI max in 3rd outside temp being almost 90

Hey, what mods do you have and what type of fuel will you be using? It's hard to recommend anything more aggressive than you have without a mod list and logs to review. Do you have a 3rd gear log you can post? With stock DP/IS12/93 octane, I would recommend a map similar to what you are running (max 17-18 PSI at the meat of the power-band tapering down to 15 or so). Then adjust from there.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
i will get logs this weekend when I can pull because of crazy miami traffic and bad weather today.

I just have Jb4. Intake. muffler/Res Delete. Also have access to E85 and have used 3 gallons in the past.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
i will get logs this weekend when I can pull because of crazy miami traffic and bad weather today.

I just have Jb4. Intake. muffler/Res Delete. Also have access to E85 and have used 3 gallons in the past.

Cool, sounds good. I know how that goes as it is sometimes a PIA for me to get logs where I live.

P.S. I saw you posted a few pages back that you had acquired an IS20. Will be nice to have another on-board to compare notes with!

The cooling is amazing. Info had an aftermarket cooler I would still do methanol.

I saw a guy in the 1/4 mile record thread that is using a Wagner plus meth (just like George I believe). He says he is seeing -5 ambient:eek: I think I need to start selling some stuff I have around the house so I can obtain some black market funds (ones that the wife doesn't know about, haha)!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Cool, sounds good. I know how that goes as it is sometimes a PIA for me to get logs where I live.

P.S. I saw you posted a few pages back that you had acquired an IS20. Will be nice to have another on-board to compare notes with!

I saw a guy in the 1/4 mile record thread that is using a Wagner plus meth (just like George I believe). He says he is seeing -5 ambient:eek: I think I need to start selling some stuff I have around the house so I can obtain some black market funds (ones that the wife doesn't know about, haha)!

Just don't tell her you're selling stuff to buy meth.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed

yeah its sitting in my room waiting to be installed and I need the hard ware to do it and I want to get a catted downpipe or maybe catless and go with a black widow exhaust just to be different :)

I also want to do this after I get my truck engine swap done. I miss driving low and scraping everwhere! :D

DJEllipse

yeah its sitting in my room waiting to be installed and I need the hard ware to do it and I want to get a catted downpipe or maybe catless and go with a black widow exhaust just to be different :)

I also want to do this after I get my truck engine swap done. I miss driving low and scraping everwhere! :D

Are you Using Twindad setup from Page 3 of this thread ?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Just don't tell her you're selling stuff to buy meth.

Hahaha, good point Diggs!

Or sell meth to buy stuff.

That would get me in trouble as well, haha!

Awesome. I'm sure you saw the IS20 install/upgrade thread by MeltedSolid by now? That made it much more straightforward than it would have been otherwise. I have no regrets, car is running great.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Hey Slick, what issue are you having?

I cant go above 15psi boost on map6, it used to go above 14psi in winter but now the weather here is around 30-36c (86-97F) humid 55-65% and currently running on map1 is which is perfectly fine.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
I cant go above 15psi boost on map6, it used to go above 14psi in winter but now the weather here is around 30-36c (86-97F) humid 55-65% and currently running on map1 is which is perfectly fine.

Have you sent any logs or asked George yet?

pkwspawn

Have you sent any logs or asked George yet?

I am almost certain it only occurs on our euro spec 1.8TFSI with DSG7. I thought it was the IS12 with leaks but now with the IS20 still can't achieve 15psi easily, I'm already at +9psi additive. No boost leaks found.