Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
This is on a Vortex standard ?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
So the plan seems to be...

Map 1 will target 25psi, Map 2 targets 28psi and Map 3 targets 30-31psi. Tuning on those maps was done on 93 and that boost threshold was as high as we could comfortably go.

Map 4 will be tuned on E85 to an increased boost target, as will Map 5. Map 5, which will be everything we can throw at it, will also include launch control, no-lift shift and maybe rolling anti-lag. Still TBD on that.

Since the ECU is able to read the ethanol sensor to determine how much E I'm running at any given time I can run any of the aforementioned maps and it will adjust timing, MPI split and the like for the fuel I'm on (but the target boost pressure for that particular map remains obviously). I was map switching while driving home last night and it's pretty sick, not going to lie.

I sent two logs back last night, one for map 2 and one for map 3, just to get any fine tuning done with those and once I get the go ahead we'll fill up with E85 and get back after it. It's supposed to be cooler here the next 4 days so hoping we can get plenty of logs in now!

Can't recommend Kalam @ Russell Road & Racing enough, very helpful and knowledgeable guy who is very easy to work with

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Small thing but I had to install this garbage ass exhaust clamp at some point in the last year when I pulled my downpipe to calibrate my wg during the great wg calibration fiasco and it has leaked ever since. Finally bit the bullet and bought a fancy locking clamp that's more akin to the stock one.

I live in the NE so even 8 months of driving meant this thing was rusted to all hell, had to cut it off but the new one is on. It's tight as hell but we'll check it for leaks another time. I don't know if my heart could handle finding out it still leaked in the same place.

20240517_134251.jpg 20240517_134330.jpg 20240517_135020.jpg

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I have a small exhaust leak at the downpipe connection on my daily I need to sort too- crossing my fingers I don't need to cut the clamp off haha