GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
What? I said exactly the fuel that was listed and the blend. I'm not sure why you're disputing this so much. APR 100oct file still makes less than JB4. Even if the JB4 is using 93 w/E25 blend (which we know the % blend), it's still making more.

If you want to get crazy, I could mention JB4 dynos are on dynojets and APR numbers are on Dynapack which are known to read much higher.

You're assuming a lot. They're not even running a standard 93 octane fuel. That's not comparable.

If I see a dyno put up here by someone that JB4 with standard 93 oct makes 310 whp I'll believe you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Well I should get one in a month or less. I'll be breaking 320whp is my guess on 91 w/e25 which octane wise is 93.8.

Don't know why you can't trust a number posted by the manufacturer. You're doing that with APR...

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Well I should get one in a month or less. I'll be breaking 320whp is my guess on 91 w/e25 which octane wise is 93.8.

Don't know why you can't trust a number posted by the manufacturer. You're doing that with APR...

No I'm basing APRs #s on what actual customers have put up. In some instances higher than listed. They have results all over the Internet. I haven't seen that for this yet, Obv because new. So nothing definitive.

I'll wait for a comparison on standard octane. I'd like to see the comparison on 93 as that's what I always run.

If Jb4 is actually stage 2 numbers all things equal, that's rly impressive and I'd gladly embrace those results. Until then we need actual customer results.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
But isn't George's nubers from actual customers, per his post? At least the 318whp is. He probably has a lot more.

Maybe he can chime in with more from customers.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
But isn't George's nubers from actual customers, per his post? At least the 318whp is. He probably has a lot more.

Again, that number you're touting isn't the same ethanol blend. Fuel matters.

Looking forward to seeing comparable dynos. Shoot, if JB4 is rly going to break stage 2 might be time to switch over.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Again, that number you're touting isn't the same ethanol blend.

Looking forward to seeing comparable dynos.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Well I think a 100oct is still better than any blend, but I understand what you're saying. I'll see if I can get a pull using straight 91for comparison but no promises

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

We only post customer results usually.
On the Facebook page we frequent there are dynos coming up daily. Few over 300whp. Today we got a Mustang dyno 291whp. Another guy is at 286whp.
They all vary. In general with any tune I have seen dynos from 310 down to 280 and usually those get posted saying what is wrong.

On the R side they mostly do not worry about dynos as most guys go to the track. The flash vs piggy argument ended once many cars where in the 11's on JB1. Drag season will come and there the numbers will do the talking.

Hulk has obviously come here to stir as we do not tout figures hence the conservative gains advertised and let customers decide for themselves based on other customers experiences.

Luchin you should take your calculator and go to the APR chart and do some math and you will see that the Max HP Gains do not add up to the 93 baseline. As for the higher octane tunes there is no stock boost baseline so the 93 is used as a base. We prefer not to get involved in controversy like this so we advertise figures that anyone will get in the worse of conditions as gains.

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
On the Facebook page we frequent there are dynos coming up daily. Few over 300whp. Today we got a Mustang dyno 291whp. Another guy is at 286whp.
They all vary. In general with any tune I have seen dynos from 310 down to 280 and usually those get posted saying what is wrong.

On the R side they mostly do not worry about dynos as most guys go to the track. The flash vs piggy argument ended once many cars where in the 11's on JB1. Drag season will come and there the numbers will do the talking.

Hulk has obviously come here to stir as we do not tout figures hence the conservative gains advertised and let customers decide for themselves based on other customers experiences.

Luchin you should take your calculator and go to the APR chart and do some math and you will see that the Max HP Gains do not add up to the 93 baseline. As for the higher octane tunes there is no stock boost baseline so the 93 is used as a base. We prefer not to get involved in controversy like this so we advertise figures that anyone will get in the worse of conditions as gains.

Hey George I shot you an email two days ago if you could get back to me, I would really appreciate it!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

So I'm confused are you endorsing 318whp or no? Because ppl on here are touting that number.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
So I'm confused are you endorsing 318whp or no? Because ppl on here are touting that number.

Yes, guys name is Josh Jones. He went to the dyno 92+E25 as it shows on the dyno. Find him on facebook.

Here is another guy in 98F, mods listed close to your magic number. 22psi peak boost. The tuner deals with APR.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, guys name is Josh Jones. He went to the dyno 92+E25 as it shows on the dyno. Find him on facebook.

Here is another guy in 98F, mods listed close to your magic number. 22psi peak boost. The tuner deals with APR.

Nice thanks for that.
Looks like what one can reach APR stage 1 w/o DP.
https://youtu.be/w2ntCVPtt1Y

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yes I got done with the troll. Show me a recent (or any) APR dyno in 98° weather. You can go back and forth all day on this. Just give up and realize it makes comparable power and you've been given tons of examples