GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
This is the stuff that I have no idea about....lol. :eek: It's from the JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion All foreign to me.

how this looking? was only 3rd gear as ran out of road, on an incline, this is map 2 and the timing pull is cyl 1, 1.2.

Mods are bms intake, that's it.

Cheers.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Check out the first post of that thread (JB4 Logging, etc) where it's explained in great detail.

I'm going to read this entire thread tonight when the rest of the house is sleeping. It's all very informative and very good info. Fantastic thread guys, so my info here.

travicon

Ready to race!
I'm going to read this entire thread tonight when the rest of the house is sleeping. It's all very informative and very good info. Fantastic thread guys, so my info here.

I read this whole thread yesterday, very helpful. The forum wouldn't be the same without some of these guys on here.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I have been slacking on my log thread but I'll eventually finish it. The goal is to help guys read those logs and what to look for.. for any tune.

I'd just take time and read any thread that comes up. Good info in the ED thread as well, but lots of casual talking too so it's bloated (I'm one to blame for that haha).

I tell everyone, feel free to PM me and I'll give you any personal advice and answer questions. There's a lot of learn and don't be afraid to ask question.. just try to find the answers first so people don't give you crap ;)

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
JB4

Map 1 will yield the advertised 35whp and 40ft lbs on 91 on a stock car, Map 2 yields 48whp and 60ft lbs on 91 on a stock car.

APRs numbers

Stage I low CHP

57hp

64tq

Stage I low WHP

49hp

56tq

Stage I low Gain over stock

63hp

81tq

JB4 map 1 numbers are lower then all of APRs low gain numbers. JB4 map 2 is a different story and is close enough to APRs low gain number to be the same, Yes?

Yay someone actually posting the numbers

Not quite stage 2 to whoever is claiming that [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry01

Ready to race!
How much pull were you seeing?

I lost the logs when I updated my JB4 Mobile app but from memory, I was pulling between .5 and 1.5 degrees on all 4 cylinders running the Map 2 in 85 degree ambient temps. I also had a CEL.

I try to tune with zero timing pull so I switched to Map 6.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Add about 30hp/50lb-ft torque to that number if you're running a downpipe on map 2.

So? Same w a tune.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
So? Same w a tune.

Just go to page 1 for numbers.

APR 93oct stage 1: 291whp
JB4 map6 91w/E30: 289whp

APR 93oct stage 2: 309whp
JB4 map6 (unknown oct w/e25): 318whp

How is this not stage 2 numbers?

Edit - he's claiming for equal mods, it will match any traditional tune, not that it's stage 2 numbers on a base JB4

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Just go to page 1 for numbers.

APR 93oct stage 1: 291whp
JB4 map6 91w/E30: 289whp

APR 93oct stage 2: 309whp
JB4 map6 (unknown oct w/e25): 318whp

How is this not stage 2 numbers?

Unknown octane? It's not running the same numbers with the same octane fuel.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
George doesn't post it.. maybe it's 91 or 93 at best.

Hell, I'll give you the APR 100oct numbers for stage 2: 315whp

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
That's pretty impressive though either way. Definitely a cut above the other piggybacks now for sure.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
George doesn't post it.. maybe it's 91 or 93 at best.

Hell, I'll give you the APR 100oct numbers for stage 2: 315whp

JB4 numbers are also mixing with a higher ethanol blend which you're not mentioning. That would def affect these numbers.

Just saying, "unknown" fuel with high ethanol blend could drastically skew these numbers.

Hardly definitive that it's actual stage 2 numbers.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
What? I said exactly the fuel that was listed and the blend. I'm not sure why you're disputing this so much. APR 100oct file still makes less than JB4. Even if the JB4 is using 93 w/E25 blend (which we know the % blend), it's still making more.

If you want to get crazy, I could mention JB4 dynos are on dynojets and APR numbers are on Dynapack which are known to read much higher.