GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Chromebooks have a a play store just like Androids, so the JB4 app is there but the connection isn't Android micro USB (atleast not on mine). No USB port either.

I was thinking of getting a Chromebook micro USB to regular USB adapter so I can use the data cable I already have, and then paying for the JB4 app. Not sure if it would work though.

I would just pickup a cheap Android tablet that works with an OTG cable, if you don't have a phone you can use. I also picked up a cheap Windows tablet (link below) for hooking up VCDS, and the JB4 Windows app if I ever need to. I upgraded my TW700 for free to Windows 10 when it was being offered. These things are dirt cheap now, but they work great for this type of thing. I've had mine for at least two years and it still works great.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/439773/tw70ca17_tablet_-_black

GTI210

Ready to race!
I would just pickup a cheap Android tablet that works with an OTG cable, if you don't have a phone you can use. I also picked up a cheap Windows tablet (link below) for hooking up VCDS, and the JB4 Windows app if I ever need to. I upgraded my TW700 for free to Windows 10 when it was being offered. These things are dirt cheap now, but they work great for this type of thing. I've had mine for at least two years and it still works great.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/439773/tw70ca17_tablet_-_black

Bro is that site legit? $10 for that tablet? I did a quick search of it and its upwards of $100 on Amazon and ebay.

Assuming that site checks out...the tablet looks like it has a USB port. So I could use the data cable I already have+download the Windows user interface and would be ready to go for a whopping $10, right?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Micro center has been around since the dinosaurs yeah.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

GTI210

Ready to race!
Man, nevermind I'm dumb. For some reason I thought the only way to connect using a phone was through the bluetooth connect kit. Didn't want to dish out the money for it which is why I was intent on getting my chromebook to work.

phone -> JB4 app -> OTG cable -> data cable which I already have

Last edited:

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
hey George,

first post you said you'd some dynos of is38/jb4 setups, any dynos of basic bolt ons and is38 with jb4you can share?

especially if they have rpm on the chart axis

I'm considering doing just an APR or neuspeed catted downpipe and is38 with everything else 100% stock other than jb4, curious if you have dynos for something like this and if it runs well on jb4. not sure if stock mk7 GTI fuel system with jb4 will support it but would be great to make 330whp+ on 91 octane, or if stock fuel system will take it can run e25+ too

if anyone has any dyno sheets on a is38/DP/JB4 only car too that would be great.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
hey George,

first post you said you'd some dynos of is38/jb4 setups, any dynos of basic bolt ons and is38 with jb4you can share?

especially if they have rpm on the chart axis

I'm considering doing just an APR or neuspeed catted downpipe and is38 with everything else 100% stock other than jb4, curious if you have dynos for something like this and if it runs well on jb4. not sure if stock mk7 GTI fuel system with jb4 will support it but would be great to make 330whp+ on 91 octane, or if stock fuel system will take it can run e25+ too

if anyone has any dyno sheets on a is38/DP/JB4 only car too that would be great.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35267

GTI210

Ready to race!
Installed JB1 today but can't connect. :mad:

Getting "serial port not available" on Samsung Galaxy J7 with OTG cable on JB4 app. Also tried a Windows tablet with OTG cable and windows user interface and getting "failed COM1".

Any suggestions? It's a JB1 rev1.

GTI210

Ready to race!
No traction control or start/stop light either. Just a normal start-up. It's like the JB1 isn't even there.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Still couldn't connect. Going to try an old Windows laptop tomorrow. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Did do a few pulls and the car feels faster though so I atleast feel pretty confident that I wasn't sold a dead JB1.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Driving modes

Might be a silly question.
When a JB4 is installed does the throttle response still change via the driving mode selection (comfort, normal, sport)? Or does the JB4 bypass the setting??