GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
If i buy my jb4 used, am i still able to get support such as suggested map6 settings for my logs?

Ripley GTI

FYI, just had a California smog check on my 2016 GTI with a JB4 installed (only mod).

Threw it into Map 0, disconnected the OBD, and drove it for 10 minutes.

Passed with out a hitch!

soto

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI, just had a California smog check on my 2016 GTI with a JB4 installed (only mod).

Passed with out a hitch!

Good to know. Just did my cali smog but unwired everything to be extra careful. That should save me some time next go around

ryohei47

Ready to race!

Passed with out a hitch!

Awesome that's great to hear! Does CA have a rule where piggy back boxes fail visual?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Awesome that's great to hear! Does CA have a rule where piggy back boxes fail visual?

Doubt that they would even know what it was. Usually I just have some old Mexican guy pass the car

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Yes, we busy with CARB cert now so once we done we can start changing firmware etc.

New firmware? That sounds like fun :) In fact, I plan to get a CEL soon, because of the dp I ordered from the CTS labor day sale. I'd be nice if I could tune it out! Care to share some future JB4 plans, George?

Martin398

Ready to race!
New firmware? That sounds like fun :) In fact, I plan to get a CEL soon, because of the dp I ordered from the CTS labor day sale. I'd be nice if I could tune it out! Care to share some future JB4 plans, George?

I ordered one myself with the from the same sale. Bought the 42DD spacer and gonna see if that keeps the CEL away. Lots of people have had success, others have not so seems like it's a crap shoot.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I ordered one myself with the from the same sale. Bought the 42DD spacer and gonna see if that keeps the CEL away. Lots of people have had success, others have not so seems like it's a crap shoot.

Where did you get the spacer from? Kind of hard to get for some reason, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsrvr

Ready to race!

Good move! It's a decent price right now. Didn't get the spacer because I'm a cheap bastard and don't mind living with the cel for awhile. If the JB4 updates won't tune it out, the spacer can still be added, even if more of a pain then. I'm having a shop do the dp install. Congrats! If will be fun to have some new ponies under the hood.